Sales Strategy and Operations Division Lead
Location: California City
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Who We Are
At Verkada, we're rethinking what it means to be physically safe.
Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product
lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental
sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless
visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software
platform. Over 12,000+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as
their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless
scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the
beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as
seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our
enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security,
but public security as well.
As a member of our Sales Strategy and Operations team, you will
have an integral role in driving the insights, operations, and
strategy that enables Sales to run better, faster, and smarter.
Sales Strategy and Operations is an excellent platform to learn how
a business really runs. Prior candidates that our leadership team
has worked with have gone on to be VPs and COOs of companies.
You will be joining the Sales Strategy and Operations team as a
high impact contributor, gaining exposure to a wide variety of
challenges, processes, and data that makes the engine of this Sales
organization hum. You will lead cross-functional initiatives from
ideation to analytics to recommendations to drive impact across the
- Serve as the strategy and operations partner with our sales
- Our mandate is to make the sales motion run more effectively,
efficiently, and ultimately drive higher bookings at sustainable
- This requires a mix of analytical skills, nose for value,
operational chops, and communication when operating with
significant autonomy in a fast-paced environment
- What this role entails:
Strategy & ops partnership with leadership
- Be the strategy and operational partner with sales leaders
- Help the sales leaders to develop their strategies, as well as
the tactics that underpin these strategies
- Partner with sales leaders to operationalize the strategy on a
- Identify pain points in the sales motion and workflows could be
- Scope out solutions and implement directly or serve as a
product manager with our team's software engineers on automation
- Develop analytical tools that help the sales team to sell
strategically and better-understand their business
- Scope and execute analytical special projects that help us
better understand our business and what drives success. Apply these
learnings to drive operational changes in the business
Be the glue that connects sales reps to the rest of the
- Understand how the sales team workflows connect with other
parts of the business (marketing, product, supply chain, finance,
- Relay insights from the sales team to other parts of the org,
provide the sales perspective to these other stakeholders, and make
connections between the sales team and other teams
- High-impact self-starter: you take initiative to move projects
forward and can operate well with little guidance. You're excited
by the possibility of leading cross-functional workstreams and
generating buy-in among senior leadership.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people who can look at complex
problems and solve them start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly
structure analyses to answer key business questions to drive
decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the
right data architecture. Excel skills are a must; SQL / Tableau /
Looker experience a plus.
- Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem
independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also
document it in a way that's easy to understand for all audiences.
Previous Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Communication and stakeholder management: you'll need to be
able to connect with sales reps and hardware engineers alike to
figure out how we build the right processes and workflows to drive
efficiency while also giving us the data to measure how we're
doing. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a
- Flexibility and hustle: you manage change and ambiguity well,
and have no problems juggling multiple priorities while executing
in a fast-paced environment. You're comfortable pivoting quickly
- 5+ years of professional experience, ideally in consulting,
banking, private equity, corporate strategy, or a startup.
Bachelors or masters from a top school preferred.
- Previous Sales, Sales Operations, or Strategy experience is a
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a
welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all
people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that
effort is support for members and allies of our internal
communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural
at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Keywords: Verkada, Lancaster , Sales Strategy and Operations Division Lead, Accounting, Auditing , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!