Education Program Director
Company: Spectrum Center Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2023
???? Starting Salary: $80,000 - $100,000Spectrum Center Schools
and Programs, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission
to offer hope is seeking an Education Program Director to join our
award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that
welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression, and offers
limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction!If
you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven
environment, seek a career with genuine purpose, and possess a
problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor, and a stellar work ethic
We Should Talk! ????As the Program Director, you will foremost be
responsible for creating a positive school culture and increasing
student achievement by consistently ensuring the implementation of
the instructional practices and strategies endorsed by and in
accordance with Spectrum and Chancelight policies. This position
operates as acting School Principal in oversight all site
operations and functions as liaison between the site and the school
districts' designated site contacts by establishing and maintaining
positive, interactive working relationships. ? Responsibilities
- Providing vision and leadership to support student achievement
and effective operations by supervising staff, developing, and
implementing performance management plans, identifying professional
learning needs, and participating in professional learning
- Effectively participating in the employment and selection
process to ensure an effective site team is in place.
- Analyzing the professional development needs of staff and
aligning needs with the Spectrum instructional vision, while also
actively recognizing accomplishments and addressing issues to
ensure productive site operations.
- Ensuring the safety of staff and students by maintaining the
site and classrooms for operation and ensuring compliance and staff
awareness with contract and specific state requirements including
staffing ratios and crisis protocols.
- Performing managerial responsibilities including but not
limited to overseeing the day-to-day operation of school schedule
and activities, custodial and maintenance, food services,
transportation services, administration, financial/budgetary
operations, resource allocation, and district/community
- Driving the enrollment process from referral to last day of
attendance; ensuring timely classroom placement upon receiving
referral, conducting effective site tours, managing classroom
rosters according to student need and state requirements, and
participating in the development of plans for transitioning
students to the least restrictive environment.
- Instructing, monitoring, and evaluating all staff and students
in the use of learning materials and resources to ensure fidelity
of instruction and student performance/evaluation.
- Observing, evaluating, and reporting staff and student
performance and development through the START Checklist or other
- Participating in the assurance and accreditation processes to
ensure that the site passes or meets performance plans.
- Preparing and presenting required reports on student progress,
achievement, and activities to ensure accuracy in numerical
analysis and presentation.
- Compiling, analyzing, and using assessment data to measure
student growth and guide instruction and/or academic intervention
for each student and site.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of students' progress
and development as required by state laws, Spectrum, Chancelight,
and district policies.
- Ensuring the timely completion and distribution of grading,
report cards, IEP progress reports, and transcripts for all
- Ensuring compliance with mandatory requirements including but
not limited to IEP process, CDE compliance, state testing, and
- Managing student behavior by embracing Spectrum policies and
applying appropriate support or disciplinary measures when
- Providing support, encouragement, and counseling to students
with academic problems.
- Performing other duties as assigned.? Qualifications Required:
- Masters degree in education, special education, psychology,
counseling, behavioral analysis, social work, behavioral science,
or rehabilitation issued by an accredited postsecondary
- Must hold currently or be in the process of obtaining one of
- Administrative credential granted by an accredited
postsecondary educational institution and two years of experience
with pupils with disabilities.
- Pupil personnel services credential that authorizes school
counseling or psychology.
- License as a clinical social worker issued by the Board of
- License in psychology regulated by the Board of
- Credential authorizing special education instruction and at
least two years of experience teaching in special education before
becoming an administrator.
- License as a marriage and family therapist, educational
psychologist, professional clinical counselor, or clinical social
worker issued by the board of behavioral sciences.? Qualifications
- Minimum 2yr's prior experience in an educational leadership or
- Minimum 2yr's prior experience teaching in a special education
- Minimum 2yr's prior experience working with pupils with
- Proficient in curriculum, content areas and instruction.
- Well-versed in state and/or national content standards.
Spectrum Center Schools is a division of ChanceLight Education, the
nations leading provider of alternative and special education
programs for children and young adults. For more than 45 years, and
in partnership with over 235 school districts nationwide, we have
helped change the direction of more than 240,000 student lives!As a
member of the ChanceLight family you will be provided with the
opportunity to make meaningful impacts, the support needed to
achieve success, and all the tools essential to reaching personal &
professional fulfillment!???? Learn more about our history, our
mission, and the program services we provide by visiting the links
? Additional Perks and Benefits
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More!If you're ready to start changing the
direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to
create successful, independent futures this is your Chance!Join us
and start making a genuine difference in the lives of children
today!Careers, With ChanceLight ???? Work. With Purpose.Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Spectrum Center Inc., Lancaster , Education Program Director, Education / Teaching , Randsburg, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!