Mechanical Engineer (for Electric Buses)
Company: BYD North America
Posted on: February 14, 2021
BYD NORTH AMERICA is the world's largest provider of
zero-emission renewable energy products and services - including
the world's best electric buses, cars, and trucks, energy storage
systems, and solar power systems. As one of the vanguards in the
fight against climate change, our organization has experienced
tremendous business growth in the past year.
For this reason, we are seeking an Entry or Mid-Career Mechanical
Engineer for our Electric Bus Manufacturing Plant.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to deploy
climate-saving renewable energy projects in the United States and
around the world are successfully deployed. To be sure, the work
will be challenging -- but you will have the opportunity to
transform the world with your work, and in turn, the work, and our
training, will transform you into the very best that you can
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products
by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles
of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing
feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying
customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and
assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying
equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing
methods; testing finished product and system capabilities;
confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and
repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and
established procedures; requesting special services.
- Maintains system and product database by writing computer
programs and entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering or other
related engineering discipline.
- A strong understanding of Mechanical knowledge and their
- A track record of success in learning, leveraging and
integrating proven technologies into new products to solve
- Proficient in UG, CAD
- Proven teamwork, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on Mechanical repair or assembly experience.
POSITION WORK SITEThe work site for this position will be the
beautiful and sunny City of Lancaster, Los Angeles County,
WORK PERMISSIONYou must have valid US work permission without
needing current or future visa sponsorship by the company. The
company is not be offering current or future visa sponsorship for
Keywords: BYD North America, Lancaster , Mechanical Engineer (for Electric Buses), Engineering , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!