Lead Propulsion Engineer - Lox Methane Focus
Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Posted on: April 27, 2021
- Providing engineering expertise in the area of design,
development, and test of methane/LOX propulsion systems.
- Focus on the propulsion system of the future reusable
suborbital VTVL flight program. Other tasks may include technology
development and support of other projects.
- Providing mentorship and guidance to less experienced technical
team members - potentially up to 5 teammates
- Conceptual and detailed design of LOX-Methane propulsion
systems including items such as combustion chambers, injectors,
pre-burners, gas generators, turbines, pumps, valves, propellant
feed systems, tanks, pressurization systems
- Design of the ground support equipment (GSE) and tooling for
engine manufacturing, testing, and maintenance.
- Design risk analysis.
- Fluid CAD and simulation modeling, including propellant slosh
and pogo oscillations.
- Component and assembly specifications.
- Fabrication and assembly schematics and procedures for engine
- Component testing procedures, including priming and water
- Provide technical guidance to fabricators and technicians
- System manufacturing and testing.
- Required Skills / Experience:
- Innovative and passionate about space
- Experience leveraging additive manufacturing in engine
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in aerospace engineering,
manufacturing engineering, materials engineering, mechanical
engineering, or engineering physics
- 5+ years of professional experience working with combustion
devices or fluid systems
- Experience using CAD to design parts/assemblies
- Experience developing hardware from concept to working
- Hands-on project experience with fluid and mechanical systems,
preferably as a team or sub-team lead
- Experience with various propulsion system cycles and their
benefits and nuances
- Experience with cryogenic and supercritical fluid
- Experience developing a complete LOX/Methane or LOX/LH2
- Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Master's degree in mechanical engineering or
- 8+ years of professional experience in aerospace
- 5+ years experience in engine test
- Conjugate heat transfer analysis experience with high heat flux
- Analytical/scientific programming experience (Python, Matlab,
- Hands-on fabrication skills
- Professional Requirements: All applicants must be U.S. persons
as defined in the U.S. export control laws (22 CFR --120.15) and
regulations to include: U.S. citizen, national, lawful permanent
resident or individual admitted to the U.S. as a refugee or granted
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier
specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a
full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Lancaster , Lead Propulsion Engineer - Lox Methane Focus, Engineering , Mojave, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!