Project Engineer, Eve
Company: Virgin Galactic
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Who We Are
Virgin Galactic, www.VirginGalactic.com (SPCE:NYSE), recognizes
that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining
life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use
of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our
understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human
ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to
look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the
borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From
space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than
"We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer
twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody
- and change the world for good." Sir Richard Branson, Founder,
Your Mission As the Project Engineer, you will be responsible for
coordinating the sustainment, maintenance, and operations of
Mothership Eve. You will support ongoing activities as we pivot
from flight test to revenue operations, advancing and transforming
the future of commercial suborbital space travel. The vision of the
Mothership program is to develop a fleet of next-generation
aircraft designed for mission, maintainability, and manufacturing,
to carry our spaceships in support of Virgin Galactic's goal of 400
space flights per year from each spaceport.
- Support the Chief Engineer (CE) for sustaining, maintaining,
and operating the existing aircraft.
- Responsible to the CE for meeting program cost, schedule,
requirements, and managing overall program scope.
- Lead the cross-functional engineering team to complete projects
within the program, and coordinates with other stakeholders in the
- Develop project schedules for the aircraft activities and
manages the completion of those activities for his or her
- Communicate the engineering objectives, goals and schedule for
project and tasks to the engineering team.
- Assign and prioritize responsibilities for engineering
- Review status of engineering deliverables and initiate
appropriate corrective action to meet schedule.
- Cooperate and communicate status effectively with the Chief
Engineer, other program participants and leadership to provide
assistance and technical support.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule,
plans, personnel performance, etc.) and report regularly on
engineering project status to leadership.
- Other duties as required in support of Chief Engineer and
- Lead by example through Virgin Galatic's values, with respect
to our straight-up way, which fosters transparent and open
- Apply technical expertise and leadership skills with an
unwavering commitment to quality and safety, to further the
advancement of human spaceflight.
What You Bring
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or
Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline from an
- 10+ years industry experience in progressive technical and
leadership roles including at the complete vehicle level.
- Demonstrated success sustaining aerospace flight vehicles
preferably with composite aircraft structures experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and empower a team of subject
matter experts in varying technical disciplines.
- Understanding of aircraft design and engineering processes,
including Model Based Definition, Produce Lifecycle Management,
Configuration Management, Configuration Control, ERP and MRP
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a
complex environment with multiple priorities as well as a
disciplined flight operations setting.
- Experience with the design of flight vehicles or vehicle
systems to a set of requirements or standards such as CFR 14, Part
400, Part 23 and 25, military or NASA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, excellent computer
skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and
- Execute strategic goals and objectives in support of the
overall company goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high
attention to detail.
- Team player with excellent organizational and interpersonal
COVIDAs part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19
vaccines are required for current U.S. teammates, as well as all
newly hired employees. As of October 1, 2021, all new hires must be
able to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against the
COVID-19 virus, ( "fully vaccinated" means at least two weeks have
expired since receiving the vaccination's last dose as recommended
by the manufacturer) . If you are offered employment, this
requirement must be met by your date of hire.
ITAR RequirementsTo conform to U.S. Government space technology
export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful
permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by
ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State.
EEO StatementVirgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer;
employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit,
competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any
manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity,
veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital
status, mental or physical disability or any other legally
Keywords: Virgin Galactic, Lancaster , Project Engineer, Eve, Engineering , Mojave, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!