Electrical Engineer (for Electric Buses)
Company: BYD North America
Posted on: August 2, 2022
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer for our electric coach and
bus manufacturing factory. The Electrical Engineer is responsible
for developing and debugging electronics products for use in the
automotive environment. The Electrical Engineer's responsibilities
include providing technical guidance for production
troubleshooting. The following job description represents a
multi-skilled job classification of an Electrical Engineer. The
qualified employee must possess a minimum of the following listed
skills. In addition, the following are the minimum knowledge,
skills, and competency requirements necessary for this position
subsequent to completing the probationary period. The knowledge and
skill requirements are listed below for the entire job
classification. The functions of an Electrical Engineer will be
performed under limited supervision in a timely manner and with
acceptable quality. The purpose of an Electrical Engineer is to
work directly with the product and technology of the company.
- Hands-on Update firmware onto coach and bus, electrical repair
or assembly experience
- Understanding of electronics and their relationship to
- Read and create wiring diagram and schematics use AutoCAD.
- Work with vendors to find solutions and suitable products
- Communicate with other team members to coordinate the following
- Work on the improvement and development of electrical
- Develop specifications and test requirements for product
- Analyze design reliability, serviceability and
- Perform engineering duties at customer sites, or off site when
- Create BOM and oversee creation of drawings to support new
- If needed, be able to travel to customer's site for
- Provide support to other departments such as Manufacturing,
Quality Assurance, and Customer Service.
- Recommend improvements to engineering policies and establish
new procedures as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement to electrical best practices by
evaluating industry tools and techniques, collaborating with the
Electrical and Software Engineering team to discuss
- Maintain an awareness of how assigned tasks impact schedule,
scope, budget, and quality at every stage of development, from
concept to end of life.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or other related
- A strong understanding of electronics and their relationship to
- A track record of success in learning, leveraging, and
integrating proven technologies into new products to solve
- Understanding of functions and topology of electronic units
inside electric vehicles such as high voltage batteries, BMS,
Inverters, chargers and DC/DC AC/DC converters
- Previous experience in sensing and control systems.
- Previous experience in CAN bus, I2C/USB and Wireless
- Ability to work with Labview software and develop monitoring
software for electrical vehicle units.
- Previous experience in engineering software designing tools
Altium, Autocad and NX unigraphics.
- Hands-on electrical repair or assembly experience.
- Proven teamwork, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A firm knowledge of electrical product safety
- Ability to work use Multi-meter, Oscilloscope.
- Relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Hands-on Update firmware onto coach and bus, electrical re: 2
- Electrical Engineering: 2 years (Required)
Keywords: BYD North America, Lancaster , Electrical Engineer (for Electric Buses), Engineering , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!