Company: B2U Storage Solutions
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Electrical Engineer B2U Storage Solutions, Inc. (B2U) develops
battery energy storage systems (ESS) utilizing EV batteries in
stationary storage applications. B2U's innovative ESS are
interconnected to the grid, selling energy and grid services into
wholesale markets. B2U's ESS uses patented technology to deliver
significant cost advantage and a superior Levelized Cost of Storage
over competing systems. B2U's hybrid ESS facility in Lancaster, CA
has been operational since March 2020. B2U closed a $10M Series
investment led by Marubeni Corp. in September 2021. Learn more
about B2U at www.b2uco.com.Job Description:B2U is seeking an
Electrical Engineer to work onsite in Lancaster, CA to support the
company's project development and deployment goals. The Electrical
- Improve battery controller and battery system performance
through functional testing processes.
- Develop new controller functionality to expand the supported
battery pack portfolio.
- Develop necessary tools, test fixtures and procedures to deploy
- Perform a variety of on-site activities related to battery
system integration, testing, troubleshooting, operations, and
- Participate in system operation, troubleshooting, data
analysis, and optimization.
- Leverage machine learning to more accurately model battery
state of charge, improving overall yield.
- Work across multiple projects and capacities using advanced
analytical and communication skills.Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience related to engineering, rapid
prototyping, testing, product development.
- Experience with large format electric vehicle batteries,
electronic controls, power electronics, and/or power generation is
- Highly motivated self-starter, hands-on, team player.
- Excellent planning, problem-solving, and communication
- Thrives in entrepreneurial environment and able to perform in
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word,
- Programming Embedded C, C++, Python, HTML, Java Script.
- Use of Soldering tools, Multimeter, Oscilloscope, hardware
- Familiarity with networking protocols and analyzers (Modbus
TCP/IP, FTP, CAN bus).
- Experience with MCAD (Solid Works) and ECAD (Altium Designer)
programs a plus.
- Microcontroller based machine learning algorithms using
historical data as input to refine output
values.Education:Bachelor's degree in Electrical
Engineering.Compensation:Competitive salary based upon experience
and performance. Additional company benefits, incentives, and
bonuses will be discussed during the interview
Keywords: B2U Storage Solutions, Lancaster , Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!