Company: B2U Storage Solutions
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Electrical Engineer B2U Storage Solutions, Inc. (B2U) develops
battery energy storage systems (ESS) utilizing EV batteries in
stationary storage applications. B2U's innovative ESS are
interconnected to the grid, selling energy and grid services into
wholesale markets. B2U's ESS uses patented technology to deliver
significant cost advantage and a superior Levelized Cost of Storage
over competing systems. B2U's hybrid ESS facility in Lancaster, CA
has been operational since March 2020. B2U closed a $10M Series
investment led by Marubeni Corp. in September 2021. Learn more
about B2U at www.b2uco.com.
Job Description:B2U is seeking an Electrical Engineer to work
onsite in Lancaster, CA to support the company's project
development and deployment goals. As an Electrical Engineer on our
team, you will have the chance to make an immediate impact and
contribute to our sustainable mission. The ideal candidate will
have hands on engineering experience as well as experience with
design. Job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Improve existing battery controller and battery system
performance through functional testing processes.
- Enhance processes and procedures to improve testing and
- Perform a variety of on-site activities related to battery
system integration, testing, troubleshooting, operations, and
- Participate in system operation, troubleshooting, data
analysis, and optimization.
- Work across multiple projects and capacities using advanced
analytical and communication skills.
- 2-5 years of experience related to engineering, rapid
prototyping, and testing.
- Experience with large format electric vehicle batteries,
electronic controls, power electronics, and/or power generation is
a plus. Skills/Requirements:
- Use of electrical tools (soldering iron, wire strippers,
crimpers, multimeter, oscilloscope).
- Familiarity with networking protocols and analyzers (Modbus
TCP/IP, FTP, CAN bus) is a plus.
- Experience with programming languages (Embedded C, C++, Python,
HTML, Java Script) is a plus.
- Experience with MCAD (Solid Works) and ECAD (Altium Designer)
programs is a plus.
- Highly motivated self-starter, hands-on, team player.
- Excellent planning, problem-solving, and communication
- Ability to communicate within the internal team as well as with
external teams and businesses throughout project lifecycles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word,
Education:Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
Compensation:Competitive salary based upon experience and
performance. PTO, paid holidays, Stock Options, 401K. Additional
company benefits, incentives, and bonuses will be discussed during
the interview process.
Keywords: B2U Storage Solutions, Lancaster , Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!