Sr. Engineer, TD Line Engineering
Location: California City
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Since 2006, Ampirical has provided comprehensive customer
support, from project conception to design engineering, project
management, and construction in electrical transmission and
distribution. With over 70 years' experience combined in this
industry alone, Ampirical's founders have a long history of
fulfilling their mission in Engineering Power-ful Solutions.
The Overhead Transmission & Distribution Line Engineer is
responsible for the design of the electric transmission,
sub-transmission, and distribution lines. This role will be
responsible for the mentoring of junior Design Engineers and
regular ongoing interface with the client at their offices, and
occasionally in the field at walk-downs and site visits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and oversee work of junior Design Engineers:
- Conceptual routes, layouts, preliminary and detailed designs
and specifications for high voltage transmission lines and/or
- Plan and profile sheets, staking sheets, bills of materials,
and stringing charts
- Design criteria
- Pole loading drawings, framing drawings, and construction
- Terrain models
- Structure loading calculations
- As-built revisions
- Provide construction support
- Review and provide quality assurance for project engineering
deliverables developed internally or by third parties
- Attend project site visits/walk downs.
- Independently plans work to meet assigned general
- Interface regularly with the client at their offices or in the
- Support client's project engineers as directed
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited engineering
school. Civil or Electrical Engineering Degree strongly
- Civil or Electrical PE License (or ability to obtain within 1
- 3+ years transmission and/or distribution line design
- Proficient in PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, MFAD, and MS Excel.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage tasks for multiple projects
under budget, and time constraints.
- High level of personal initiative and the ability to interact
with personnel, clients, and contractors.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and must be
proficient on the computer.
- Experience with PLS-TOWER.
- Familiar with CPUC GO-95 & 131-D
- Familiar with industry codes and standards and have experience
as the technical lead on projects.
- MS in structural engineering
The Overhead Transmission Line Engineer will report to more senior
personnel for each project, will interface with other members of
the department, and have a frequent interface with the client at
their office. Travel out of town for short periods may be required
by project and assignments.
Interested in Engineering Power-ful Solutions? Take a look at the
link below to see why working at Ampirical is much more than a
Keywords: Ampirical, Lancaster , Sr. Engineer, TD Line Engineering, Engineering , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!