Senior Civil Engineer (Mid-Senior Level)
Company: The ERM International Group Limited
Location: California City
Posted on: September 18, 2022
ERM is seeking a motivated Senior Civil Engineer with a focus on
site-civil and remedial design and construction for our Western
Region offices. In this role, you will work closely with
experienced technical experts, other Project Managers, and Staff
Engineers on the planning, design and implementation of site
remediation and facilities engineering environmental projects. This
is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert
consulting team on challenging assignments for large industrial and
global clients. Projects will include the development of design
drawings, technical specifications and contract documents for
site-civil, geotechnical, and waste management projects involving
earthwork and landfill, stormwater management, utilities, soil and
sediment remediation technologies, waste management and land
disposal facilities, and construction oversight. Staff management,
project controls and management support for significant consulting
and construction projects, including scheduling, labor resourcing,
and cost estimating, will be a component of this position. Project
are both local and nationwide. Diverse and broad-based experiences,
both in office and field settings, should be anticipated.
- Participate in project teams and independently on a global
platform in varying settings that demand new and creative
- Manage multiple projects within client's scope/budget/schedule
expectations and ensure quality standards on project
- Assume lead roles on engineering teams to formulate creative
designs and negotiate remedial solutions for contaminated soil and
ground water, using innovative and emerging remedial treatment
technologies as well as traditional systems.
- Evaluate field data; perform calculations; prepare engineering
reports, designs, cost estimates, and comprehensive schedules; and
develop progress-tracking reports.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business
development. Maintain client relationships that generate repeat
- Appropriately delegate project assignments to project team
members; manage and mentor junior staff.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with ERM employees,
clients, and subcontractors
- B.S. / M.S. in Civil Engineering preferred, with a focus on
designs involving environmental, geotechnical, site-civil and
- Professional Civil Engineer (PE) license in California or near
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with complex site
investigation/remediation projects under a variety of local, state,
and federal regulatory structures (e.g., DTSC and RWQCB).
- Experience with Microsoft Project resourcing and scheduling,
AutoCAD-based design, and construction management skill sets
- Experience with engineering design in environmental
remediation, storm water management, geotechnical engineering,
earthwork, or other related fields.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and computer skills (Excel, Word,
- Demonstrated ability to research and prepare concise and
accurate technical documents, with a keen attention to detail.
- Effective written/verbal communication and
- Environmental field work experience and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established
Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, light travel, and
work independently with minimal supervision.
- Local candidates preferred.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we
partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative
solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial
opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving
opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive
work environment is an essential part of making our company a great
place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength
that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse
team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of
their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned
by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental,
health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our
"boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model
that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that
advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not
forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other
company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do
not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Keywords: The ERM International Group Limited, Lancaster , Senior Civil Engineer (Mid-Senior Level), Engineering , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!