Location: California City
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and
entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based
products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol,
Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability
needed to power tomorrow's Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person
who is excited about building the next generation of crypto
startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most
importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is
committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate
diversity of all kinds.
What You'll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2022 in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through
Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
The NEAR Protocol Engineering team is looking for an engineer to
work on the protocol specification and its implementation in Rust.
You will be working with complex concurrent systems, low-level
code, complicated state machines, and novel algorithms.
You will be expected to fully own various components and drive
their implementation from beginning to end, including the design,
the implementation, the maintenance, and the documentation. You
will be surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers
who will be holding you to the same standards.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Communication and collaboration with a fully distributed
- Design and implementation of various complex Rust
- End-to-end ownership of various components.
- Design of new protocol changes.
- Performance tuning and optimizations.
- Work with open source community by collaborating with external
contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events,
facilitating information exchange between our community and other
open source communities.
- Participating in the on-call rotation.
What We're Looking For:
- Fluency with algorithms and data structures.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies fast.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Ability to go from design to implementation fast.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with Rust or alternatively but less preferred C++ or
- Experience with concurrency or parallelism.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field is a
We'd Love If You Have:
- Familiarity with internals of other blockchains.
- Knowledge of cryptography.
- Knowledge of compilers or virtual machines.
- Knowledge of networks or operating systems.
Here's What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the
final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under
three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically
consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Culture & Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your
interview and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver-so our customers can build. We deliver new
solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over
hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing
velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional
about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus
on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As
individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We
empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden
of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect,
open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and
empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms,
including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare-and valuable-in this space.
Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.
Keywords: NEAR, Lancaster , Core Engineer, Engineering , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!