Manager, Database Reliability Engineering
Company: Coupa Software, Inc.
Location: California City
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend
management (BSM), has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" by
the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver "Value as a
Service" by helping our customers maximize their spend under
management, achieve significant cost savings and drive
profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend
management platform that connects hundreds of organizations
representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of
suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility
into and control over how companies spend money. Customers - small,
medium and large - have used the Coupa platform to bring billions
of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at
www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading
provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We're a company
that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel
our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we're building a great company
that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success - Obsessive and unwavering commitment to
making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results - Relentless focus on delivering results
through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence - Commitment to a collaborative
environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The database reliability team is responsible for building and
running the Database as a Service (DBaaS).
- Be involved in technical architecture, design decisions,
project plans, and team development documents.
- Cross collaborative and personal communications skills to speak
with clarity to influence from entry-level engineer to leadership
- Eager to learn new technologies and stay abreast of upcoming
technologies in the Database arena and industry trends.
- Database administrator experience in managing highly scalable
- Listening to the internal and external customer business
requirements and align your team to achieve the goal.
- Hire, retain, and motivate top talent on the side.
- Define long-term roadmap and drive release planning and
- Data-driven approaches consistently drive improvements and
identify actual root cause using various problem-solving strategies
using 5Why's and Pareto to resolve the systemic issues.
- Implements designs by writing scripts, configuring systems,
servers, cloud resources, including testing, and debugging.
- Analyzes network, application, and system requirements and
produces efficient, secure, reliable, and cost-effective
- Manage and evolve database monitoring tools, performance,
implement changes and apply new patches and versions when
Preferred Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3+ years experience in a management role supporting a database
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in one or more of the databases
MySQL, MSSQL, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL. Experience in MySQL and MSSQL
- 6+ years of managing, administering, and tuning databases
- Ability to direct and mentor database engineering,
administration, and operations team.
- Experience with one or more large Cloud deployments AWS, GCP,
or Azure. AWS is preferred.
- In-depth experience in designing highly available, high volume,
scalable, data-intensive DB systems
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup, recovery,
Replication, and performance monitoring standards
- Programming and scripting languages ( Python, Go, Ruby etc. At
least one is preferred )
- Good understanding of database design, implementation,
troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience in other data platforms like Elasticsearch, Redis,
Kafka is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, science, or
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to
improving the spend management processes of today's dynamic
businesses. It's our people who make it happen, and we strive to
attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive
compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health
benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a
flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees,
non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered
lunches...And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa
is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for
race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be
Keywords: Coupa Software, Inc., Lancaster , Manager, Database Reliability Engineering, Engineering , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!