Posted on: March 17, 2023
The Controls Engineer is responsible for all electronic control, radio communication, monitoring systems, and components, including computer-related hardware and software.
At CalPortland, were proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that provides health and financial support to our most important resources: our employees. Your benefits are an important part of your overall compensation at CalPortland. Thats why we give you a wide range of benefits to choose from. All regular full-time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental, and vision plans. Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and a retirement program. The company also has a variety of voluntary benefits for employees to choose from.
$75,000-$100,000 annual salary DOE
* Operate, maintain and program all plant control systems including logic, analog, and graphics: HF Controls DCS (Distributed Control System), Allen Bradly PLC5, SLC500 and ControlLogix platforms, Modicon based controllers primarily, but not exclusively using Quantum PLCs and all other controllers that may be acquired in the future
* Maintain the interoperability of disparate control systems using OPC and proprietary interfaces as needed
* Maintain control systems network, ensure security from cyber-attacks, worms, and viruses; Allen Bradley DH+, Modbus, Modbus TCP/IP, TCP/IP networks, Microsoft Active Directories
* Maintain server-based high-level control systems and data historians, such as OSI Pi, Capstone MACS, FLSA EPS/QCX
* Assist CIS with the maintenance of corporate network, computers, and serversoperated by CIS
* Replace or upgrade worn and defective components
* Operates and maintains all computer and electronic control systems, radio communication, and monitoring systems
* Proficiency with smart overloads such as SIMOCODE and E300s with VFDs such as Power Flex is a plus.
Associate degree in a related field and 5 years of experience in computer automated control and instrumentation
BS degree in Information Technology
BS in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering or other related discipline.
* Must be willing to work odd shifts as needed to maintain plant control systems
* Capable of independent direction
* Create and submit capital proposals
* Replace or upgrade worn and deprecated components; design, change and modify control system using your own skills, as necessary, to keep pace with the ever-changing and improving technology for plant control systems
* Work with, direct, assist and/or follow vendor services for troubleshooting and maintenance of all control systems
* Troubleshooting skills and critical thinking is a must
* Ability to read and edit process flow drawings, as well as read and create logic decision charts
* Proficient in Algebra
*Conditions of Employment*
Successful candidate must submit to post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated ongoing drug and alcohol testing.
Keywords: Calportland, Lancaster , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Mojave, California
here to apply!