Air Traffic Manager - Lancaster, CA (WJF)
Company: Serco Group
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Are you an Air Traffic Controller seeking a management position?
Serco has a great opportunity for you located in Lancaster, CA!
Serco is one of the largest non-government Air Navigation Service
Providers (ANSP) in the world. We deliver air traffic control (ATC)
services for small and medium regional airports as well as the
largest commercial air hub on the globe. Serco is also the only
commercial ANSP to provide all the three ATC disciplines: Terminal
Tower, Terminal Approach Control, and Enroute Center. No wonder we
are one of the largest non-government employers of Air Traffic
Controllers in the world!
What we offer:
* The rate of pay for this position is $41.86 per hour.
Air Traffic Managers must be familiar with standard Air Traffic
Control (ATC) concepts, practices, and procedures. A manager must
rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A
certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Managers
lead and direct the work of others to accomplish the daily
operation of the facility.
As an Air Traffic Manager, you can expect to:
* Report to the Area Manager
* Supervise air traffic control tower personnel
* Manage training requirements
* Manage quality and safety programs
* Complete and submit recurring reports
* Complete/support compliance verification audits
* Review facility directives and procedures for compliance and
* Collaborate with the public, airport personnel and FAA
Air Traffic Managers must also function as Air Traffic Control
Specialists (ATCS) by controlling air traffic on and within the
vicinity of the airport according to established procedures and
policies to prevent collisions and minimize delays arising from
traffic congestion. ATCS's are responsible for the safe, orderly
and expeditious movement of air traffic through the nation's
As a member of the Air Traffic Control team, you can expect to:
* Answer radio calls from arriving/departing aircraft
* Issue landing/takeoff instructions
* Issue information such as runway usage, wind velocity/direction,
visibility, taxiing instructions, and pertinent data on other
aircraft operating in vicinity
* Issue air traffic clearances
* Perform critical weather observations as a Limited Aviation
Weather Reporting Station (LAWRS) observer, and to disseminate
timely weather information to pilots, other air traffic control
facilities and other users of the National Airspace System.
* Transfer and receive control of aircraft
* Operate equipment such as: radios, telephones, interphones,
computer systems, radar, recording systems, weather equipment,
light guns, airport/runway lighting systems, backup equipment,
* Alert Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighters and other first responders to
aircraft experiencing emergency situations
* Coordinate with and issue instructions to airport
* Maintain and disseminate records of daily operations
* Perform on-the-job training instructor duties as required
Requirements to join the team:
* US Citizenship
* An FAA Second Class Medical Certificate
* Minimum 5 years' experience as an air traffic controller with a
minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
* A Control Tower Operator (CTO) rating or a Credential with a
Tower Rating and 6 months of practical experience in accordance
with 14 CFR Part 65.39
* Eligibility to work for Serco under Federal Immigration Laws
* Verification of education and employment references from previous
employers including the release of drug and alcohol records
* Passing a pre-employment drug screen
* Receiving an FAA Security clearance (interim and final
* Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United
Here at Serco, professional development is a top priority. We help
our team develop their skills and grow in their careers. If you are
an experienced Air Traffic Controller with a prior tower
certification or credential who wants to be part of a professional,
customer service and safety-oriented organization, please submit
your application today!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc.
Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S.
Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian
government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We
help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while
increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered
in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and
is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform
government and public services around the world. At Serco, our
employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and
support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to
become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity
employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/
Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/
To review Serco benefits please visit:
If you require an accommodation with the application process please
email: email@example.com or call the HR Service Desk at
800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance,
Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search
firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved
vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of
Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee.
If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco,
please email Agencies@serco-na.com.
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19
requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against
COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or
COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that
Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show
proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a
condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an
employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).
Keywords: Serco Group, Lancaster , Air Traffic Manager - Lancaster, CA (WJF), Executive , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!