Consulting Services Manager
Company: EnerNex, LLC
Location: California City
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Consulting Services Manager - West CoastBasic
Function/Purpose:Under executive management direction, develop the
West Coast Technical Consultancy business for the Company with
focus on California. Also responsible for operations and program
areas including special projects, budget analysis, contract
administration, and other specialized functions; prepares various
reports to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations;
coordinates assigned activities with other departments and
divisions. The ideal candidate has previously built strong
relationships with some of the major partners within the industry
(large utilities, RTO/ISO, independent vendors) and can act as a
representative for the Company by being aware of the services and
skills offered by all departments within the organization. Direct
work experience in the California market is preferable.Minimum
Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Significant business development, management and technical
- The candidate must have an extensive technical and market
knowledge of the North American Electric Power industry
- Extensive knowledge of methods and engineering economic
- Must also possess a large network of key contacts within the
Electric Power industry, with focus on Utilities, ISO/RTOs, vendors
- Possesses strong leadership skills, and can interface
effectively with clients, peers, subordinates and work positively
in a team environment.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of electric utility
operations, applicable state and federal regulations (FERC,
- Fluent knowledge in broad business management functions
including strategy, budgeting and resource allocation, coupled with
consulting engineering experience.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a
fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines.
- Problem solving and continuous improvement skills.
- Effective team player, willing to accept a leadership role,
both internally and externally, in collaborating on strategic
initiatives and opportunities to drive business growth.
- Project Management ability to schedule, supervise feasibility
studies, coordinate the work of others, analyze engineering work
and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as,
presentation skills to effectively communicate with clients, peers,
subordinates, and management.
- Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, analyze and interpret
energy industry and regulatory reports, filings, orders, journals,
periodicals and electronic news services.
- Advanced methods and techniques of statistical analysis, data
collection, research, and report preparation.
- Understanding of the operational characteristics, services and
activities of a utilities program.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers
and applicable software applications.
- Perform a wide variety of complex, difficult, and specialized
advanced journey level professional analytical and administrative
duties in support of assigned Grid Modernization programs and
functions involving the use of independent judgment and personal
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Research and analyze complex problems and prepare
recommendations on a variety of issues.
- Understand the organization and operation of Utilities and
outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned
- Research, analyze and evaluate programs, policies and
- Collect, evaluate and interpret complex information and data
through organizational studies and analyses.
- Interpret financial and technical information for a variety of
- Independently prepare correspondence and memoranda.
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting
- Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new
equipment and systems.
- Organize and prioritize work flow.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
those contacted during work.Education:Bachelors Degree from an
accredited college or university with major course work in
electrical engineering is preferredPost Graduate Degree would be
preferableDemonstrated proficiency in productivity and data
analysis software including: All Microsoft Office software
platforms including O365, Teams, etc.Experience: Fifteen years of
increasingly responsible administrative, engineering, analytical
experience including but not limited to the following areas: - - -
-o Grid Modernization - - - -o Power Systems Studies - - - -o Power
Market Analyses - - - -o Cybersecurity of electrical
infrastructures - - - -o Transmission and Distribution engineering
servicesDuties and Responsibilities: Responsible for overall
organic growth, profit and loss of the west coast market
Proactively prospecting and developing new business and executing
strategic and tactical sales plans by selling the Companys
portfolio of consulting solutions through hiring and coordinating a
team of internal/external consultants. Supervise the Consultancy
and Engineering projects of the west coast market that include grid
modernization projects, power system studies for new generating
facilities and new interconnections, master plans steady
state-dynamic and power market - - - -studies. Consults Utilities
on budget development and administration for assigned area of
responsibility; analyzes proposed capital, operating, and
maintenance expenditures; prepares reports and analyses related to
impact of budgetary decisions; prepares - - - -financial forecasts.
Provides assistance in resolving operational and administration
issues; identifies issues and conducts research to find alternative
solutions; makes and assists in the implementation of
recommendations. Coordinates, implements, and monitors special
projects within assigned area of responsibility; performs complex
research and analysis of new programs, services, policies, and
procedures; prepares and presents reports. Plans, coordinates, and
evaluates activities associated with assigned contracts;
participates in research and evaluation of proposed contractual
obligations and agreements; assists in contract negotiations and
administration; monitors compliance with - - - -applicable
contractual agreements. Provides highly responsible assistance to
executive-level management staff. Coordinates and collaborates with
departments, divisions, and outside agencies; public and private
organizations, community groups and other social organizations;
provides information and serves as a resource. Performs related
duties as required.
Keywords: EnerNex, LLC, Lancaster , Consulting Services Manager, Executive , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!