Medical Director opportunity California Veterans Outpatient Clinic
Company: STG International Inc
Posted on: September 7, 2020
Internal Medicine opening in Lancaster, California. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com STG
International (STGi) is currently seeking a Primary Care Physician
to provide services at the Community Outpatient Clinic in Lancaster
The clinic operates Monday – Friday during normal business hours.
No Weekends, No Call.
The general duty of the Primary Care Physician is to provide
covered professional outpatient primary medical services to
enrolled patients of the Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) in
accordance with the terms and conditions of the Veteran Affairs
Primary Care Program, and to supervise the Community Based
Outpatient Clinic's (CBOC's) day-to-day delivery of medical
· Provide medical care based on primary and preventative care, to
meet the needs (physical, mental, and emotional) of patients under
a limited scope of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes and
within his/her skills and training.
· Function as the point of entry into the VA health care
· Participate in the orientation of clinical staff physicians,
physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
· Provide leadership to CBOC clinicians.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of existing clinical methods and
procedures and suggest improvements.
· Assist the STGi Program Manager in implementation of Quality
Performance Improvement Team (QPIT) strategic initiatives.
· Participate in review and improvement of clinical success in of
areas of responsibility.
· Adhere/monitor policies, procedures and regulations to ensure
compliance and patient safety.
· Participates in quality improvement, care management, risk
management, peer review, utilization review, clinical outcomes, and
health enhancement activates.
· Must be prepared to sign a collaborative practice agreement with
clinic APRN and/or PA.
· Manage medical care, basic mental screenings, medication
adjustments, mild depression, anxiety, and loss/grief issues, and
continuity of care with the VAMC for patients enrolled in the VA
Primary Care Program.
· Emphasize wellness, prevention and early detection.
· Promote continuity and quality of care through an ongoing
relationship with the veteran enrollee.
· Maintain universal precautions and infection control
· Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with the veteran and
assists in making referrals for services and/or admissions to the
VAMC as medically appropriate. Determine which referrals are
required based on examination and patient needs.
· Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with the
VA access standards and triage protocol.
· Oversee all delivery of care to patients by the CBOC.
· Administer medications per facility protocols.
· Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during
respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
· Document all pertinent patient information in their Veterans
Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA)
medical records to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote
continuity of care.
· Keep the VISTA clinic reminder tracking system current for each
· Determine level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation
appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the
patient's medical necessity.
· Keep patient informed regarding their plan of care, including lab
and diagnostic test results as needed.
· Provide health educational, materials and resources to patients
and their families for informational purposes.
· Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program
between its Subcontractor(s), and the VAMC.
· Assist in ensuring that all required reports are completed in an
accurate and complete fashion.
· Assist in the management/coordination of the clinic's day-to-day
activity, in conjunction with the Registered Nurse (RN)/CBOC
Manager and VA Program's philosophy.
· Comply with all federal, state, local, Joint Commission,
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Veteran
Affairs, Subcontractor safety and operational regulations,
directives and standards.
· Ensure all patient information on encounter forms is complete and
· Maintain confidentiality of all information and supporting
patients` privacy, rights, and safety.
· Act as a liaison for the VAMC.
· Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· Retain an active, full and unrestricted medical license in the
state in which the physician practices. (State specific license in
which the CBOC is located required).
· Board-certified by the ABMS in Internal Medicine and or Family
Practice or the BOS ABMS in Internal Medicine and or Family
Practice or board eligible within four (4) years of residency
completion in either Internal Medicine and/or Family Practice.
· Current and unrestricted DEA.
· Retain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/ Basic Life
Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association (AHA) or the
Military Training Network (MTN).
· Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical
principles, procedures, and techniques in accordance with the
community and VA standards of practice.
· Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment,
including desired effects, side effects, complications, and patient
· Experience with safe and reasonable practices regarding opioid
medications for chronic musculoskeletal pain
· Knowledge of the basic concepts of customer service technique
related to age-specific population.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills in the English
language along with proper telephone etiquette.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and computer
maneuverability including experience with electronic medical
Possess a Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited college
approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and
Hospitals of the American Medical Association, a Doctorate degree
in Osteopathy from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic
Association, or permanent certification by the Educational
Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
· Successful completion of a residency program in Family Practice
or Internal Medicine with recognition by the American Board of
Medical Specialties or by the American Osteopathic Association.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight
objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than
four (4) hours per day.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
· Required to respond to any medical emergency within the clinic,
where a fast walk or job may be necessary to provide
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical,
Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO
Keyphrases: internal medicine jobs, internal emergency medicine
jobs, internal medicine specialist jobs, internal medicine critical
care jobs, internal medicine geriatrics jobs, internal medicine
pediatrics jobs, pediatric internal medicine jobs
Keywords: STG International Inc, Lancaster , Medical Director opportunity California Veterans Outpatient Clinic, Healthcare , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!