Physician / Family Practice / California / Permanent / MD/DO - Primary
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2021
MD/DO - Primary Care Physician
The "Best Kept Secret" of California is out!
The Community - Lancaster, CA
Lancaster, CA is the hub of the Antelope Valley and home to the
beauty and clear blue skies of the California High Desert. Home to
the Antelope Valley CA Poppy Reserve, Musical Road, and the
Aerospace Walk of Honor, Lancaster is no longer a local's "best
kept secret", Lancaster has grown into a bustling urban
destination, offering an array of outdoor experiences with the
backdrop of four seasons, local shopping, restaurants and
entertainment. The Antelope Valley has great events happening year
round including the California Poppy Festival, LA County Air Show,
Streets of Lancaster Grand Prix and the Antelope Valley Fair so
make sure you experience some of Lancaster's best events.
Veterans Affairs Medical Center Community Based Outpatient
The general duty of the Primary Care Physician is to provide
covered professional outpatient primary medical services to
enrolled patients of the Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) in
accordance with the terms and conditions of the Veteran Affairs
Primary Care Program, and to supervise the Community Based
Outpatient Clinic's (CBOC's) day-to-day delivery of medical
The clinic operates Monday-Friday during normal business hours with
NO weekends or on-call.
POSITION OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited to)
- Provide medical care based on primary and preventative care, to
meet the needs (physical, mental, and emotional) of patients under
a limited scope of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes and
within his/her skills and training.
- Function as the point of entry into the VA health care
- Manage medical care; basic mental screenings; medication
adjustments; mild depression, anxiety, and loss/grief issues; and
continuity of care with the VAMC for patients enrolled in the VA
Primary Care Program.
- Emphasize wellness, prevention and early detection.
- Promote continuity and quality of care through an ongoing
relationship with the veteran enrollee.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control
- Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with the veteran
and assists the veteran in making referrals for services and/or
admissions to the VAMC as medically appropriate.
- Determine which referrals are required based on examination and
- Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with
the VA access standards and triage protocol.
- Oversee all delivery of care to patients by the CBOC.
- Administer medications per facility protocols.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during
respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Document all pertinent patient information in their Veterans
Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA)
medical records to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote
continuity of care.
- Keeps the VISTA clinic reminder tracking system current for
each enrolled patient.
- Determine level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation
appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the
patient's medical necessity.
- Keep patient informed regarding their plan of care, including
lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
- Provide health educational, materials and resources to patients
and their families for informational purposes.
- Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program
between its Subcontractor(s), and the VAMC.
- Assist in ensuring that all required reports are completed in
an accurate and complete fashion.
- Assist in the management/coordination of the clinic's
day-to-day activity, in conjunction with the
- Comply with all Federal, state, local, Joint Commission,
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Veteran
Affairs, Subcontractor safety and operational regulations,
directives and standards.
- Ensure all patient information on encounter forms is complete
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and supporting
patients privacy, rights, and safety.
- Act as a liaison for the VAMC
- Perform other work-related duties as assignedQUALIFICATIONS
- Possess a Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited
college approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and
Hospitals of the American Medical Association, a Doctorate degree
in Osteopathy from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic
Association, or permanent certification by the Educational
Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Successful completion of a residency program in Family Practice
or Internal Medicine with recognition by the American Board of
Medical Specialties or by the American Osteopathic
- Retention of an active, full and unrestricted medical license
in the state in which the physician practices. (State specific
license in which the CBOC is located will be required).
- Board-certified or board eligible within four (4) years of
residency completion in either Internal Medicine and/or Family
- Retain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/ Basic Life
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is highly desired.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical
principles, procedures, and techniques in accordance with the
community and VA standards of practice.
- Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment,
including desired effects, side effects, complications, and patient
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Lancaster , Physician / Family Practice / California / Permanent / MD/DO - Primary, Healthcare , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!