Family Practice Physician
Company: Bartz-Altadonna Community Health Center
Posted on: February 20, 2021
SummaryThis position will play vital role in the Health Center's
primary care program. Successful candidates will be able to provide
comprehensive medical services for adult patients. The candidate
will be responsible for meeting, assessing and diagnosing patients
in our clinic and providing them with healthcare services that meet
the national standards of care.
- Promotes and believes in BACHC mission statement "Helping
- Believes and aligns with BACHC core Values of Compassion,
Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork.
- Treats everyone equally regardless of racial, ethnic,
religious, social, and economic status or background.
- Performs all job functions in a professional and courteous
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external
clients/patients by being responsive to all inquiries in a timely
- Performs job duties collaboratively with health center
management and exercises good judgement.
- Fosters and promotes a culture of service excellence and
accountability with focus on patient safety.
- Consistently adheres to a high standard of professional ethics;
conducts self in an ethical manner and is a role model to
- Ensure patient information is always secure and
- Perform evaluation and treatment of patients in an outpatient
- Assess medical needs and develop a care plan and preventive
health maintenance, assess acute needs, chronic conditions.
- Keep accurate, concise, and thorough documentation of all
medical history, exam results, and discussions with patients in
relation to their health care. Close all notes in the EMR in a
- Review and sign off on all laboratory and radiology results.
Ensure that there is patient follow up when necessary
- Initiate and follow through on specialist referrals.
Communicate with specialist providers when necessary.
- Serve as a clinic supervisor for mid-level providers.
- Meet productivity standards for care providers, including a
goal of seeing 16-24 patients daily.
- Participate in care team huddles, provider meetings, and
- Perform all other related duties as assigned. Education
- At least 3 years of experience in a related role outside of
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of California
- Board Certification
- DEA certificate
- CPR Certification Skills / Experience 1. A keen interest in
helping the underserved population (e.g. the homeless
population).2. FQHC Experience a plus3. Familiarity with Quality
Measures a plus4. Able to be successfully credentialed by BACHC.5.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills6. Bilingual (English
and Spanish) a plus Physical Demands This is a physical position
that will require standing on your feet, and walking. This would
require the ability sit, walk, bend or stand as necessary, and
ability to lift up to 25lbs.Other physical demands of the position
include but are not limited to: 1. Use of hands to handle, control,
or feel objects, tools, or controls2. Repetitious movements3. Sit
for long periods of time4. Bend and twist the body5. See details of
objects nearby Reasonable accommodations may be made for
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
Position Type and Expected Hours of WorkThis is a Full-time
position. Clinic hours are Monday through Saturday, hours range
from 7:30am-6:30pm. Work hours will be 40 hours per week.
TravelOn occasion travel will be required. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice to fit the needs of this position and BACHC.
BACHC is an At Will and EEO employer
Keywords: Bartz-Altadonna Community Health Center, Lancaster , Family Practice Physician, Healthcare , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!