CBOC PRN Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (APRN)/ Physician Assistant (PA) - Lancaster, CA
Company: STG International Inc
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Lancaster, California.
This and other nurse practitioner jobs brought to you by
STGi is currently seeking a PRN Nurse Practitioner (NP) or
Physician Assistant (PA) to provide services at our Community Based
Outpatient Clinic. The general duty of the Nurse Practitioner (NP)
or Physician Assistant (PA) is to provide professional clinical
services under the direction of the Community Based Outpatient
Clinic (CBOC) Primary Care Provider (PCP). The NP or PA is an
Advanced Practice Generalist who provides a wide range of health
services, including urgent and emergent evaluation of episodic and
chronic problems; and comprehensive, integrated primary health care
which addresses a majority of the client's health care needs on an
ongoing basis. The NP or PA is knowledgeable in the assessment,
treatment and evaluation of a comprehensive range of health care
problems; emergency measures; preventive health; prescribing
medications and other treatments; ordering, conducting,
interpreting laboratory, diagnostic studies and procedures; and
patient and family education utilizing community, social, and
health resources. The NP or PA maintains knowledge of current
practice, acts as role model and mentor to others, acts as client
advocate, and participates in professional activities at local and
state level. These duties include:
- Provides primary and preventive medical care to meet the needs
(physical, mental, and emotional) of patients under a limited scope
of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes and within his/her
skills and training.
- Provides medical patient care to the scope and standards of
practice established by a nationally recognized credentialing
organization representing Nurse Practitioners and/or Physician
- Functions within the scope of practice of the state), the Joint
Commission standards and Officer of the Inspector General.
- Works closely with the Patient Aliened Care Team (PACT) and
extended support staff including daily huddles with the
- Emphasizes wellness, prevention, and early detection.
- Supervises support staff in delivery of care to
- Maintains universal precautions and infection control
- Provides smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with
the Veteran Administration's (VA) access standards and triage
- Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assisting
during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Investigates health problems or health needs by gathering and
assessing historical information.
- Performs a physical examination appropriate to the patient's
- Diagnoses health problems based on interpretation of the
patient's history, physical exam findings, and diagnostic test
- Develops a treatment plan, tailored to the patient's needs,
which includes health education, pharmacologic and
- Prescribes medications, as appropriate.
- Evaluates the results of the treatment plan, modifying the plan
as needed to achieve the treatment goals.
- Makes referrals for specialty evaluation or treatment.
- Directs and coordinates the provision of health care services
for patients in primary care, i.e., walk in patients.
- Provides a model for clinical practice within the clinic
- Sets up and operates therapeutic and emergency equipment,
including monitor, electrocardiogram (EKG), oxygen, automatic
electronic defibrillator (AED) and portable suction.
- Obtains patient history on new and follow-up and record
appropriate findings according to VA standards.
- Performs initial and periodic physical examinations within
limits of privileges and record findings.
- Orders diagnostic tests according to the chief complaint,
physical and emotional/mental findings and symptoms.
- Demonstrates the knowledge of pharmacology.
- Prescribes and administers medication within limits of
privileges and state and federal regulations.
- Recommends and follows up on laboratory tests and specialized
diagnostic procedures, as deemed necessary.
- Documents all pertinent patient information in the medical
records and Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology
Architecture (VISTA) to demonstrate quality care delivery and
promote continuity of care.
- Keeps the VISTA clinic reminder tracking system current for
each enrolled patient.
- Closes patient charts within 24-72 hours of encounter and
places Return to Clinic (RTC) orders promptly.
- Assists in scheduling patients for initial and follow-up
appointments in accordance with the VA's access standards and the
patient's medical necessity.
- Keeps patients informed of their plan of care, including lab
and diagnostic test results as needed.
- Provides health educational materials, resources and education
to patients and their families for informational purposes and in
accordance to their need and learning capacity.
- Assists the Registered Nurse to ensure all patient information
on electronic encounter documentation is complete and
- Complies with all federal, state, local, Joint Commission,
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Veteran
Affairs, and Subcontractor safety and operational regulations,
directives and standards.
- Participates in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program
between the VAMC and STGi Performance Excellence program including
regularly scheduled peer reviews.
- Ensures that all required reports and clinical information is
completed in an accurate, timely and complete fashion.
- Participates in staff development programs.
- Performs other clinical duties assigned within limits of
- Maintains confidentiality of all information and supporting
patients' privacy, rights, and safety.
- Aids in management/coordination of the CBOC's day-to-day
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years clinical experience as an APRN/ PA in
outpatient care in a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
Environment; 3-5 years is preferred.
- APRN/ PA must have a current and unrestricted DEA License
(APRN/PA will be required to obtain and maintain a Scope of
Practice/Collaborative Agreement with a state licensed physician
prior to delivery of health care).
- Current and unrestricted state license. Must comply will all
state requirements and regulations.
- Possess Basic Life Support (BLS)/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
(CPR) certification prior to performing work from American Heart
Association (AHA) or the Military Training Network (MTN).
- Prescriptive authority In accordance with state rules and
- Ability to set realistic, measurable education goals for
patients, taking into consideration patient/family needs, level of
understanding, and available local resources.
- Ability to develop and provide individualized and group
counseling, guidance, and health instruction with a focus on
disease prevention and health maintenance.
- Experience with safe and reasonable practices regarding opioid
medications for chronic musculoskeletal pain.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and excellent
- Must have exceptional diplomatic communication skills and
experience in handling difficult customer situations.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to
All covered STGi employees. ("Covered" is defined as healthcare
workers in CA, NY, NGA contract support staff) must be fully
vaccinated, including booster shot for CA staff, against COVID-19
unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
STGi is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive
healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services
and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and
solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to
better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical,
Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO
STGi is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
Keywords: STG International Inc, Lancaster , CBOC PRN Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (APRN)/ Physician Assistant (PA) - Lancaster, CA, Healthcare , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!