Pain Medicine Physician - Full-Time or Part-Time
Company: CHS Recruiting
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Physician - Pain Medicine
- Full-Time and Part-Time Available
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00am to 5:00pm
- No Weekends
- No Holidays
- Limited On-Call Duties (negotiable)
- $200,000 to $260,000+ Annual Base Salary, negotiable dependent upon experience
- Regular Productivity Bonuses
- Loan Forgiveness Plan
- Malpractice Insurance
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Annual CME Allowance
- Paid Time Off
- 403b w/ 6% Employer Match
- Package Negotiable
Above details are for W2 employment. The practice can also offer a 1099 option.
This community health center (an FQHC) opened in 2011 and currently employs 20+ physicians across a variety of specialties - pediatrics, ob/gyn, infectious disease, orthopedics, behavioral health, podiatry, and pain management, as well as full-scope primary care. They operate 4 clinic locations in the Lancaster area, with a robust support staff of nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other clinical and administrative team members.
This position plays a vital role in the clinic s pain management program, being concerned with patients ability to function and their overall quality of life.
The physician will examine patients and determine their cause and level of pain, also performing testing to aid in diagnosing patient conditions and develop a plan to manage pain. The physician will provide acute and/or chronic pain relief to patients through the use of, but not limited to, medications, nerve blocks, electric stimulation, and other therapies.
The physician will practice both interventional and non-interventional pain management and have exceptional skills with behavioral, occupational, and physical aspects of pain management.
Physicians see an average of 16 to 24 patients per day, with the support of a dedicated clinical assistant.
Specific duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- evaluation and treatment of patients
- assess acute and chronic pain concerns
- develop care plans
- perform musculoskeletal assessments
- provide recommendations for opioid and non-opioid pharmacologic therapy
- help manage and/or taper patients on opiate therapy
- order diagnostic tests
- prescribe and order medication
- review and sign off on laboratory and radiology results
- ensure patient follow-up
- initiate and follow through on specialist referrals
- participate in professional education programs
- participate in care team meetings, provider meetings, and staff meetings
The practice uses the Epic EHR.
On-call duties are minimal / infrequent and consist of phone triage only.
- California medical license
- Board Certified, PM&R or Neurology
- no experience required; recent graduates are welcome to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Jenn Kunkel at or call .
Please visit for a full listing of available positions at CHS Recruiting.
Keywords: CHS Recruiting, Lancaster , Pain Medicine Physician - Full-Time or Part-Time, Healthcare , Lancaster, California
here to apply!