Company: JWCH Institute
Posted on: May 20, 2023
The Mission of JWCH Institute is to improve the health status
and well-being of under-served segments of the population of Los
Angeles Area through the direct provision or coordination of health
care, health education, services, and research.
This position is responsible for assisting the Dentist(s) in the
direct provision of primary care dental services to patients at the
clinic. The Dental Assistant is also responsible for sterilization,
preparation and inventory control of dental instruments, supplies,
and for proper infection control of all areas involving patient
- Serves as dentist's chair-side assistant and assists the dental
hygienist as needed.
- Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering
their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by
the dentist or hygienist.
- Prepares operation procedures for patient treatment as per
Dental Department protocols and the dentist's directions.
- Completion of dental radiographs in accordance with state
regulations and law, as well as Dental Department directive's and
- Performs independent procedures as delegated by the dentist in
accordance with state regulation, law, and Department directive's
- Maintains all Dental Department equipment in accordance with
manufacturer's directions and Dental Department policy and
- Maintains adequate operation of supplies and compiles a list of
individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering
- Maintains a daily list of all scheduled Dental Department
patients, monitors patient flow, and assists the dentist(s) in
assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and
accurately completed and filed.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with
professional matters, clinic business and patient care of the
- Ensures the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and
equipment in accordance with Dental Department directive's and
- Ensures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially
contaminated materials in accordance with Dental Department
directives, clinic policy, as well as state and federal
- Participates in appropriate health promotion / disease
prevention activities, both on-site and off-site as required.
- Maintains Dental Department compliance, relative to Infection
Exposure Control, safety, and HIPPA as required by local, State,
and Federal guidelines, Dental Department directives and protocols,
and clinic policies and procedures.
- May be required to perform front office duties such as:
scheduling and confirming appointments, verify insurance/ other
pertinent patient eligibility, check patients in and out, collect
co-pay and balance due and manage patient flow to reduce cycle time
and enhance the patient experience, etc. Education and
- High School diploma or GED certificate required.
- Completion of accredited course in dental assisting.
- X-Ray, infection control and current CPR and First Aid
- Bilingual: English /Spanish is required. Skills and
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental assisting techniques and
procedures for all phases of specialty and general dentistry.
- Knowledge of modern dental materials, their storage, handling
- Ability to work with persons from a wide diversity of social,
ethnic and economic background.
- Ability to work creatively with other health care professionals
from a variety of disciplines to achieve maximal results for the
clinic's patient, from a system of integrated primary health
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments and
responsibilities to ensure compliance with established deadlines
and protocols. Environmental Conditions Critical to
- Frequent exposure to communicable disease, body fluids, toxic
substances, medicinal preparations, radiation and other conditions
common to a clinical environment may routinely be encountered.
- OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure Classification - Category
- Utilizes appropriate Infection Control protocols.
- May be exposed to low level radiation.
- Will be exposed to outside environmental conditions while
*All JWCH, Wesley Health Centers workforce members must be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Successful candidates for this position will be required to submit
proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request an exemption for
qualifying medical or religious reasons during the onboarding
process. Candidates should not present proof of vaccination until
instructed to do so by the hiring department.
JWCH Institute, Inc., offers competitive salaries for all
positions. Full-time employees working at least 30 hours per week
are eligible for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Full
Time Employees are also provided a monthly allowance which can be
used towards insurance premiums. The agency offers vacation, sick
leave, 11 paid holidays, jury duty pay, direct deposit, credit
union access, and an Employee Assistance Program. In addition JWCH
offers a 401(k) Profit Sharing plan to employees who work a minimum
of 1,000 hours per fiscal year.
Wesley Health Centers JWCH Institute is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: JWCH Institute, Lancaster , Dental Assistant, Healthcare , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...