Associate Therapist - Addiction Medicine
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Sign on bonus eligible position!Provides Chemical Dependency
services to adults, adolescents and significant others of CD
patients under supervision.Essential Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of a licensed clinical supervisor performs
- Answers and triages patient calls for information, Tx services,
general CD advice.
- Responds to and appropriately handles crisis calls.
- Identifies need for higher level assessment (e.g. other,
non-CD, MH diagnoses; danger to self or others; non-CD crisis
evaluations; emotional/family dysfunction).
- Performs intake and psychosocial assessments.
- Develops and presents treatment plans to CDRP/S treatment team
for recommendations, revisions and approval.
- Participates in clinical case conferences.
- Conducts chemical dependency focused educational lectures.
- Provides general chemical dependency counseling to include
individual and group counseling services.
- May provide Adolescent, Significant Other, Family and
Multi-Family therapy only under licensed supervision as
- Provides case management services to include resource and
- May perform mentor functions to Alcohol or Drug Certificate
candidates as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.Basic Qualifications: -Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years supervised and related (may include
adolescent, adult, family, co-dependent) work experience in the
field of chemical dependency treatment. -Will consider successful
completion of a KP addiction medicine internship in lieu of
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other
field related to behavioral health. -License, Certification,
- Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker (California) OR
Associate Professional Clinical Counselor Registration (California)
OR Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (California) -Additional
- Must maintain valid registration through course of employment.
- N/A - - -Notes:
- Position may include every other/rotating
weekendsPrimaryLocation : California,Lancaster,Lancaster Mental
HealthHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu,
Fri, Sat, SunWorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 08:00
PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : B11-PSC-NUHW-NUHW Psych
Social ChapterJob Level : Entry LevelJob Category : Behavioral
Health, Social Services & Spiritual CareDepartment : 20Th
St./Antelope Valley MOB - Chemical Dependency-Reg Clin - 0806Travel
: Yes, 15 % of the TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity
employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual
orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status,
ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic
information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and
inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Lancaster , Associate Therapist - Addiction Medicine, Healthcare , Mojave, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...