Store Manager - Valley Plaza Bakersfield
Company: Lush Handmade Cosmetics
Location: California City
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Position: Store Manager
Ever wondered what it's like behind the bubbles? #lushcareers
Lush North America has been creating fresh and handmade cosmetics
for the past 20 years- keeping our customers' bathtubs and showers
a little more magical through our retail shops across Canada and
the US. We are dedicated to the practices of fair trade sourcing
and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to
organizations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot
- A fun and funky store atmosphere where individualism is
- A 50% discount off all our products to keep you smelling and
- An unconventional retail structure to support your
- The opportunity for growth as Lush loves to promote from
As a Shop Manager, you bring Lush's Leadership Practices into all
elements of your business interactions with customers, fellow
staff, and operations: Be Real, Be Curious, Lead Fearlessly, Adapt
and Evolve, Grow Talent, and Live with Purpose.
The Shop Manager supports the Lush retail business and reports to
their Market Leader; as Shop Manager you are responsible for
managing budgets and exceeding sales while creating an environment
for strong customer experience, staff experience and operational
excellence. You own your development: assessing your performance,
seeking feedback and resources and opportunities to improve and
elevate your skills, knowledge and abilities.
Sales & Customer Experience:
- Customer Service: collaborate with your team on plans to exceed
daily sales goals and ensure a unique and inclusive customer
experience that makes every visitor feel welcome, meets their
needs, and makes their day.
- Building the Brand: educate our customers and staff on our
brand values, and articulate our position on Fighting Animal
Testing, Freshest Cosmetics, Ethical Buying, 100% Vegetarian,
Handmade, and Naked Packaging in the shop and through community
engagement and other traffic-driving initiatives.
- Product Passion: increase the depth of your product knowledge
through constant learning and consistently make informed and
product recommendations for every need.
- Driving Sales: demonstrate strong business acumen and
understanding of your metrics and reports by developing and
executing business plans that align with the American business
strategy to achieve both short- and long-term goals that improve
KPIs and achieve sales goals.
- Leadership Practices and Staff Development: demonstrate the
Leadership Practices and coach and develop your team in their
careers by creating development plans, encouraging learning through
Lush tools, coaching behaviors as they arise, and providing
constructive feedback that inspires and motivates.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging: actively committed
to maintaining a diverse team and creating an inclusive environment
by prioritizing DEIB training and initiatives and actively
collaborating with your team on solutions that promote equity and
- Engagement and Performance: balances analysis, experience, and
perspective when making decisions about performance concerns and
creates action plans to improve staff engagement, demonstrating
empathy and considering personal situations/struggles when
approaching performance concerns.
- Recruitment and Selection: forms teams with appropriate and
diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience and demonstrate
equal employment opportunity practices by providing transparency
and equity in the interview and promotion process and supporting
staff to grow and develop in their retail careers.
- Policies and Procedures: prioritize shop compliance and ensure
your staff have completed training and are practicing company
standards for time and attendance, breaks and meals, product
integrity, respectful workplace, anti-harassment and
anti-discrimination guidelines, health and safety protocols, daily
communication, all within your budget.
- Stock and Inventory: Ensure your team is trained and equipped
to abide by standards and rotation rules and manage ordering to
ensure the right products, in the right amounts are in the store at
the right times; using inventory reporting tools, create and
execute action plans to manage orders, inventory and waste, within
your allocated budget.
- Visuals and Merchandising: Create and execute merchandising
plans to improve KPIs and train and manage your team to take pride
in a clean and beautiful work environment and follow the
merchandising and design standards to provide a consistent customer
experience and drive sales.
- Scheduling, Time, and Attendance: ensure the right number of
staff with the right skill levels are scheduled at peak times and
that breaks, and meals are allocated and recorded appropriately to
ensure staff wellbeing and payroll accuracy, while staying within
your labor budget.
- 3-5 years managing in a retail environment.
- Strong HR skills in hiring, scheduling, training, conflict
resolution and performance management
- Excellent listeningand communication skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and troubleshooting
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong customer service, supervisory and sales skills
- Knowledge and interest in skincare, natural beauty, and ethical
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the shop
including holidays, evenings, and weekends.
- Experience with consultation-based customer service models
- Ability to develop and train staff through positive coaching
- Strong record of accomplishment of developing retail staff
- Proficient in excel, Microsoft suit, and adaptable to other
systems as required.
- Experience in cross cultural collaboration and DEIB or social
- Fluency in Spanish, French, or other languages
At Lush, we believe when we continue to foster a culture of
inclusion and respect within a diverse workforce, we are doing our
part in building a world where there is equal opportunity for all.
We recruit from a variety of employment agencies, community groups,
non-profits, and online social and job sites, and in our business
practices, strive to leverage the gift that diversity brings.
Lush North America unequivocally supports equal opportunity
employment for all applicants regardless of religion, race, color,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ancestry,
ability, adverse mental health, and other characteristics both
defined, protected and enforced by the law under federal or
Keywords: Lush Handmade Cosmetics, Lancaster , Store Manager - Valley Plaza Bakersfield, Hospitality & Tourism , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!