Field Service Engineer 1 (San Francisco, CA)
Location: California City
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Be part of something altogether life-changing!
Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the
forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our
incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from
fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines,
new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us
- working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for
each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates
across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a
learning opportunity - so you can grow your career and expand your
skills in the long term. Your health and wellbeing are important to
us and together we will not compromise on safety in the workplace
or the environment.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow
Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we're pioneering the
future of science and medicine, developing products that enable
researchers in the fight to save lives.
What you'll do!
- The Field Service Engineer 1 will be responsible for meeting
the daily service repair needs of the customer's equipment by
driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
- Basic troubleshooting, installation, preventive maintenance and
repair needs on designated equipment.
- Ordering and maintaining spare parts' inventory.
- Keeping up-to-date on administrative responsibilities such as
maintaining customer service reports and internal service
- Maintaining daily communication with customers to ensure
resolution and accurate follow-up, driving customer
- Maintaining tools and test equipment, ensuring they are
- Meeting Environment Health & Safety and all other applicable
- Leading service delivery processes in compliance with Cytiva
- Utilizing detailed processes and root cause analysis to resolve
customer service issues.
- Participating in service & instrument sales opportunities to
promote business growth.
- Working with the local team to provide efficient service
delivery to all accounts within the area.
- Training of customers on specific equipment.
- Local & national travel may be required.
Who you are!
- Bachelors degree in Biomedical, Mechanical or Electrical
Engineering, or relevant degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other
STEM field. Equivalent military education or Associates Degree with
relevant work experience.
- Experience working with both internal team members and external
customers for collaborative success.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical,
electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns
- Availability "after hours", or work a rotating on-call
schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as
- The successful applicant is required to follow Cytiva' s
standard background check, including a post-offer drug test.
- During employment, the employee must follow all customer access
policies, including but not limited to acquiring and/or providing
proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or
background checks (including a federal government background check
if assigned to support a contract with the federal
- Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee
is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition
of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable
- Special Physical Requirements: Able to lift, carry, push, and
pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist,
climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of
time. Candidate must also reach at, above and below shoulder level,
flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global
organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to
help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things,
work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated
leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is
required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to
equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics
protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of
similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our
workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our
associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and
different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at
email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time
to find out.
Keywords: Cytiva, Lancaster , Field Service Engineer 1 (San Francisco, CA), IT / Software / Systems , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!