JT4 is seeking a Programmer for their Edwards Air Force Base
location near Lancaster, CA.
Under limited supervision, converts data from project
specifications and statement of problem and procedures to create or
modify computer programs requiring and applying knowledge of
programming techniques and computer systems.
• Prepares flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate a sequence of
steps that a program must follow and to describe logical operations
• Converts project specifications into a sequence of detailed
instructions and logical steps for coding into a language readable
by computers, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques
and computer languages.
• Designs and writes basic to moderately complex computer
• Supports with application development, implementation, and
sustainment as well as database implementation/administration
• Uses computer-aided software tools, such as flowchart design
and code generation, in each stage of system development.
• Operates computer system to check out programs, troubleshoot
and test systems.
• Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
• Analyzes, reviews, and alters computer programs to increase
operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements.
• Prepares documentation to describe program development, logic,
coding, and corrections.
• Assists in developing user manuals to describe installation
and operating procedures.
• Provides technical assistance to program users as
• Provide software development and implementation support to an
integrated team generally comprised of Air Force and JT4
• Provides occasional work direction to subordinate department
• Performs related work as required.
• Implementation, and database implementation/administration
• Follows all local security requirements in regards to
handling, transferring, and disposing of data and media.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming; or equivalent
technical training from an accredited academic institution,
completion of a recognized certification program, or equivalent
experience and demonstrated skills, knowledge, and technical
competence in computer programming.
• Minimum of 9 years of experience.
• Proficiency with both Windows and Linux.
• Familiarity with 1553 Mil Std. is highly desired.
• Must be able to support data processing tool development
(Java, Python and Matlab), application.
• Ability to upload and maintain the ICD libraries, TMATS files,
and configuring software used for generation of Engineering Units
• Ability to configure existing software to read DAR.v3, Chapter
10, Chapter 8, and other data formats preferred.
• Flight test or post test data processing experience
• Must possess planning and organizing skills and be able to
work under deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• U.S. Citizenship required.
• State issued driver’s license required.
• Must qualify for and maintain a current Security