Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this
posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and
educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to
the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening
diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of
Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and
advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and
scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute
designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the
National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's
leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of
care for cancer treatment.
The nurse practitioner is an advanced practice nurse that
provides independent nursing and collaborative medical management
to a defined patient population, according to standardized
procedures and in collaboration with a physician supervisor.
Provides primary, secondary, and in some cases, tertiary care
within scope of practice, licensure and organizational policies.
Services provided include, but are not limited to: taking
histories, conducting physical examinations, ordering, performing
and interpreting appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests and
therapies and furnishing drugs and devices in a cost efficient
manner for specific conditions. Emphasis is placed on health
promotion, disease prevention and patient education, combining the
qualities of both nursing and medicine. Acts as a health care
resource and role model to staff by maintaining a high degree of
ethics and integrity. Follows established City of Hope and
department policies, procedures, objectives, performance
improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection
control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of
Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity
and honesty in maintaining confidentiality. Performs other related
duties as assigned or requested.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides services that are accurate, reliable, courteous and
- Supports the efforts of all care providers to deliver quality
- Demonstrates competence appropriate to their role and function
in the delivery of age specific care.
- Delivers care in a manner consistent with the scope of practice
of the discipline and the standards established by City of Hope as
expressed in the plans for provision of care and policies and
- Ensures self-competence and promotes adherence to professional
practice standards through participation in continuing education
activities and clinical skills updates.
- Oversees care for a defined group of patients using effective
delegation, supervision and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of all professional and regulatory
- Collaborates with colleagues to provide sound
- Communicates effectively with all customers and colleagues to
meet organizational goals.
- Maintains current knowledge, skills and competencies through
involvement in professional continuing education activities.
- Uses resources efficiently.
- Fosters involvement in performance improvement activities to
promote continuous improvement in care delivery.
- Demonstrates assimilation of core organizational values within
Basic education, experience and skills required for
- Must be a graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program, which
conforms to the California Board of Registered Nursing standards as
specified in Section 1484. Meets the requirements for "hold out as
a nurse practitioner" as defined in Section 1482, Nurse Practice
Act, Business and Professions Code; Bachelor's Degree in
- Must have three years acute care clinical experience, previous
nurse practitioner experience preferred
- Must have a current California RN license
- Must have a current California NP license
- Must have a current California NP Furnishing license
- Must have a current NP Board Certification
- Must have a current DEA
- Must have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Card through
American Heart Association
Preferred education experience and skills:
- ONS certification, preferred
- Adult Medical Oncology experience
- Shift: Days
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Specialty: Medical Oncology
- Location: Antelope Valley
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Aug 25, 2020
- Job Field: Nursing
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job