CNA & HHA Required- Sweet Dreams Program -Lancaster/Antelope Valley/LA-Bristol Hospice
Company: Bristol Hospice
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: The Certified Nursing Assistant is a
paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary group who works
under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various
services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient's personal
needs and to promote comfort. The Sweet Dreams Nursing Assistant is
responsible for providing assistance to patients in a facility or
home setting and ensuring that they are comfortable prior to
retiring for the night. Duties include observing the patient,
reporting these observations and documenting observations and care
performed. The CNA will be assigned in a manner that promotes
quality, continuity and safety of a patient's care.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Meets the training requirements of the State.
- Has completed a minimum of 75 hours of classroom and supervised
practical training. Sixteen hours of class room must be completed
prior to a mandatory 16 hours of practical training
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have current CNA certification in good standing
- Licensed driver with current auto insurance and automobile in
good working condition
- Current CPR certification
- Must be able to work in the evenings, generally from 3:00 p.m.
to 9:00 p.m.
- Must be flexible in work hours to ensure the patients receive
care as provided in the plan of care
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsibilities of the CNA include, but are not limited to, the
- Provide bedtime care including personal hygiene regimens as
- Provide Namaste to promote a serene environment
- Provide aroma therapy and gentle touch
- Provide lotion rubs to hands and feet
- Perform personal care needs after given a patient's assignment
and attending to his/her requests promptly. If unable to perform a
certain task, report to the Case Manager immediately.
- Provide patient and family with positive communication
techniques, within realm of ethical and respectful care, including
- Meet safety needs of patient and using equipment safely and
properly (foot stools, side rails, O2 etc.)
- Give personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene,
shampoos and changing bed linen in accordance with the plan of
- Assist in dressing and undressing patients in accordance with
plan of care
- Assist in feeding the patient in accordance with plan of
- Take and record oral, rectal and auxiliary temperatures, pulse,
respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate
completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Provide proper care and observation of patient's skin to
prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence.
- Assess and report on patient's condition and significant
changes to the Case Manager; also being aware of the caregiver or
other individuals living with the patient and interpersonal
- Assist in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the hospice
nurse or therapist in accordance with plan of care.
- Provide normal range of motion and transfers/positioning in
accordance with the plan of care.
- Offer and assist with bedpans and urinals. Providing assistance
as assigned with light laundry needs.
- Perform range of motion and other simple procedures as an
extensional therapy service as ordered with appropriate
completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Provide respite for patient's/family/caregiver when on-site, as
- Keep patient's living area clean and orderly, as assigned.
- Adhere to the organization's documentation and care procedures
and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Participate in quality assessment performance improvement teams
- Respect patient and family/caregiver environment and patient's
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and more
- HSA/FSA available
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement Opportunities
Keywords: Bristol Hospice, Lancaster , CNA & HHA Required- Sweet Dreams Program -Lancaster/Antelope Valley/LA-Bristol Hospice, Other , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!