Industrial Engineer (VA/VE) - Lancaster, CA
Company: REV Group
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Industrial Engineer (VA/VE) - Lancaster, CA
Apply now "
Date: May 21, 2021
Location: Lancaster, CA, US, 93535
Company: REV Group, Inc.
Since 1965 Lance has been building America's most popular truck
campers. And today, many of them are still on the road - a true
testament to the company's philosophy that Quality Comes First. Now
Lance is making its mark with travel trailers that are quickly
becoming the new ultra-light towable of choice.
Based in California - the nation's most demanding state for
building safe products - Lance manufactures from a State-of-the-Art
Production Facility - a 141,000 square foot, 22 acre campus -
campus because Lance continues to learn from its dealers and from
every single customer who provides ongoing feedback for improvement
and new product design.
As the parent company of industry-leading specialty vehicle
brands, REV Group connects and protects communities around the
clock and around the world with a lineup of vehicles that have long
served the fire and emergency, commercial infrastructure and
consumer leisure markets. Together, these vehicle brands have
manufactured more than 300,000+ vehicles in service today - a
bumper-to-bumper feat that stretches from New York City to Dallas.
Among REV's lineup of brands, you'll find vehicles that help fight
fires, transport patients to emergency rooms, move freight in the
world's ports, offer mobility to people with disabilities, carry
children safely from home to school and unite families across the
Today we are searching for a Value Analysis Value Engineering
(VA/VE) Engineer will report to the Business Unit (BU) Engineering
Leader. This role is a unique opportunity to develop best-in-class
products and features through product research, design, design
validation, deployment, and maintenance in accordance with market
needs. This role is also responsible for providing technical
expertise on products while leading cross-functional teams using
project management practices. The VA/VE Engineer will be essential
in annual engineering cost out targets and project margin
- Develop, design, validate, and manage the implementation of
best-in-class product designs.
- Ability to translate internal and external customer
requirements into measurable performance criteria.
- Lead the development of the schedule and budget for
- Develop technical communications: datasheets, interface control
documents, test plans, etc.
- Design, model, and test product prototypes.
- Maintain and improve existing products through design and
- Responsible for generating & developing the VA/VE project
pipelines through ideation workshops with cross-functional teams to
develop and maintain VA/VE targets. Work closely with Procurement,
Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance and Product Management team
members to create a roadmap of short- and long-term goals to meet
- Lead cross-functional teams using standard VA/VE methodology
and tools. Integrate best practices from each functional team to
deliver a high quality, best-in-class design.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable national codes and
standards as they relate to the products we produce.
- Continually identify technology upgrades and cost reduction
opportunities to keep the product line in a competitive
- Provide guidance and work with manufacturing engineers during
development of products and in continual upgrade of existing
product. Provide direction to production employees on technical
issues. Maintain drawings, product structure, and design standards
in accordance with modern methods and procedures.
- Take necessary measures to improve the quality of products and
information in the respective area of responsibility.
- Safety responsibilities include safety and housekeeping
objectives; follow all safety rules and procedures and report
unsafe conditions to line management. Understand and meet all
departmental safety objectives and goals.
- Work with manufacturing disciplines to design processes as well
as products which meet market and customer needs.
- Explain designs and product construction to code and standards
personnel as well as inspectors.
- Develop, design, test and supervise implementation of new
technology and cost improvements to existing products.
- Review drawings and manufacturing information standards
developed by product engineers and technicians.
- Responsible for following all associated quality
- Provide timely, accurate, and pertinent information and reports
as required by management.
Requirements (education, experience, travel, work
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited
- Minimum 4 years of engineering or technical experience in
design and/or manufacturing
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Master's degree in Engineering from an accredited
- Prior VA/VE (Value Analysis Value Engineering) experience.
- Design for Six Sigma with examples of practical
- Validation testing experience
- Familiarity with simulation analysis
- Specialty Vehicle experience strongly preferred.
- Hands on design engineering experience strongly preferred.
Travel & Work Environment:
- 10% - 15% domestic travel
- Manufacturing Environment
- Indoor Office Environment
Keywords: REV Group, Lancaster , Industrial Engineer (VA/VE) - Lancaster, CA, Other , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!