ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for
our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and
compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an
industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory
services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep
better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
The Dispatcher-Router Transportation Lead will provide excellent
customer service and product information, solutions and relevant
details to patients and providers. Most importantly, this position
provides above and beyond communication with our patients so that
they feel heard, understood, valued and more connected with Apria.
Key responsibilities for creating a positive, patient-centric
- Evangelize our customers and turn our disgruntled patients into
our biggest fans.
- Support our Field teams, Operations and Sales, by delivering
timely feedback that empowers our teams to deliver exceptional
- Critically problem-solve common complaints by flagging trends
and partnering cross-functionally to recommend and implement
- Proactively create a better patient experience.
- Be a champion of the employee experience and drive our unique
- Support the development and implementation of employee programs
that nurture our company's core values to engage employees and
create a positive culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates professional etiquette and courtesy when
interfacing with customers and technicians regarding issues that
impact the delivery and ability to effectively route a work order
to a technician.
- Responsible for performing routing and dispatching
- Routes all same day deliveries according to Logistics policy
- Schedules and organizes daily deliveries and pick-ups for
delivery employees according to geographic area and availability of
- Schedules additional deliveries as patient and referral
requests are received.
- Responsible for monitoring a drivers' progress and
communications to and from patients and referrals regarding errors
in addresses, time frames, and any other work order issues that
negatively impact the routing of a delivery or missed time
- Participates in developmental tasks designed to build
- May occasionally perform supervisor's responsibilities if there
is a temporary shortage of department supervision.
- Updates ACIS and the Standard Route Maintenance when
- Reviews Logistics Reports to monitor inefficiencies and
compliance of route order completion.
- Coordinates with Division and Region management on all action
plans that would ensure driver compliance with targeted financial
- Identifies, and places any new O2 patients on a recurring
delivery cycle (minimum requirements: LOX-E2W, Cylinders-E3W).
- Ensure patients do not suffer service failures and communicates
with the branch staff the date of patient's next delivery and cycle
that patient is placed on if needed.
- Compiles data on delivery productivity, such as number of stops
made and number of miles driven.
- Assists delivery employees with special orders and equipment.
May assist delivery employees with the loading of trucks when
- May Route and Dispatch for other locations if needed.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Patient-Focused: You start with the patient and work backwards.
You invest the time and energy to understand the patients'
objectives, then tie all your activities directly to the
achievement of those objectives.
- Action-Oriented: You thrive as a self-starter who proactively
senses and responds to problems and opportunities and requires
- Collaborative: You love teamwork. Your colleagues love having
you on the team. You work well across functions and groups.
- An Effective Communicator: You write and speak clearly,
concisely and with a spirit of partnership. You actively inform and
inspire with your messaging. You speak plainly and are transparent
with your business colleagues.
- Energetic & Passionate: Your passion and energy for health and
well-being is deeply founded in your desire to help others and to
be a positive role model.
- Relationship Builder: You excel in getting people involved and
building a network of contacts that allow you to multiply your
influence on the organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project,
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong
ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or
standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening,
close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It
also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing,
kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking,
bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. This position
also may require the occasional lifting of equipment up to 50
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical
requirements, and work environment described above are
representative of those typically required for this position but
may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific
locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical
requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that
function is essential to a specific individual's position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to
providing all applicants and employees with equal access to
employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color,
national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic
information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender
identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria
Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a)
and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or
disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime
contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment
qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet