Day Treatment Intensive Therapist (DTI)
Company: Children's Bureau
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under general supervision, works within the Day Treatment
Intensive program to provide psychotherapy and social skills
activities to children ages 3 thru 6 and their families. The Day
Treatment therapist primarily conducts services for clients within
the milieu environment. Family therapy, case management,
consultations, parenting classes and other supportive services are
also conducted by the Day Treatment therapist outside of the
This role's primary purpose is to implement Day Treatment
Intensive services that are integrated, individualized and tailored
to the client's needs under the direction of the Day Treatment
Program Supervisor. The Day Treatment Therapist provides direct
planned interventions designed to promote community and family
safety and to reduce the possibility that the targeted consumer
will require placement in, return to, or be retained in a higher
level of care. The Day Treatment Therapist also provides family,
individual, conjoint, and group psychotherapy as necessary to
promote the development of parenting/child management skills
consistent with maintaining an environment that is both safe and
sufficiently structured to support the safe and successful
residence of the consumer in the community. This role promotes
family-centered, strengths-based approaches to service delivery
that encourage functioning in the school and home environments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support existing agency policies, principles, and mission.
- Maintain confidentiality in matters of agency operation,
personnel, and clients.
- Under the general supervision of the Day Treatment Program
Supervisor or his/her designee, conducts the Day Treatment
Intensive Services Necessity Assessments and the Day Treatment
Intensive Treatment Plan and submits to the Department of Mental
Health to obtain authorization for the child to receive Day
Treatment Intensive Services.
- demonstrates intervention techniques, and provides behavioral
interventions in a manner consistent with the individualized
service plan and mental health objectives.
- Provide family, individual, conjoint, and group
psychotherapeutic interventions that are family-centered and
- Provide system-oriented interventions for each client's family,
foster family, and support system. System interventions include a
full range of collaborative activities with other members of the
mental health treatment team and interagency teams.
- Therapist must interface effectively with other agencies and
with all levels of agency management/staff, consumers, and
- Provide direct case management interventions as required.
- Maintain positive communication with all agency staff, clients,
- Complete all charting/paperwork within 24 hours of service
delivery and ensure all billable and non-billable activity is
entered on time.
- Document 100% of activity in compliance with State of
California Standards for Medi-Cal, Short-Doyle, EPSDT service
- Review all reports and documentation for accuracy.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities such as Peer
- Attend and participate in all training events focused on
service philosophy, efficiency issues, and clinical delivery issues
as approved by Program Supervisor.
- Participate in outcome-oriented data collection for Program
- Participate in a multi-cultural team approach that is sensitive
to the cultural and linguistic needs of the families served.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Work scheduled hours that the Day Treatment Intensive Program
is in operation, both in the milieu as well as outside of the
milieu to meet the needs of the child and family.
- Two (2) years direct service experience with severely
emotionally disturbed clients in an inpatient or outpatient health
care setting (internship and/or practicum time may be
- One (1) year case management experience preferred.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or
- Master's degree in psychology, social work, childcare
counseling, education or development from an accredited college or
university is required.
- Valid California driver's license
- Licensure as either Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
(AMFT), Associate Clinical Social Worker, or Registered
Psychologist in active status with State of California Board of
Behavioral Sciences or Board of Psychology.
- Active status with respective board needs to always remain
active and in good standing. It is the employee's responsibility to
keep license active. Employment is contingent upon active
- Bilingual Spanish language speaking, reading, writing
- Maintains confidentiality in matters of agency operations,
personnel, and clients.
- Maintains positive communication with all agency staff,
clients, and visitors.
- Exercises good judgement in performance of duties and
- Supports existing agency policies, principles, and
- Ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in
writing with seriously emotionally disturbed children, other staff,
physicians, and the public.
- Demonstrated understanding of psychiatric illness and its
- Demonstrated ability to assess the mental status and
psychosocial needs of severely emotionally disturbed children
visually and audibly.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of community services
and county agencies.
- Knowledge of DCFS reporting mandates and limits of
- Ability to write professional/clinical reports and
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
- Must be able to function independently and be able to seek
guidance when necessary, to assist in working with children and
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and web
- Knowledge of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental
Disorders (DSM V).
- Good knowledge of a variety of therapeutic interventions and
models emphasizing empirically validated interventions.
- Knowledge of child/adolescent development.
- Must meet documentation standards of completing all
documentation per DMH and CB policy within 24 hours from date of
Keywords: Children's Bureau, Lancaster , Day Treatment Intensive Therapist (DTI), Other , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!