Psychiatric Social Worker
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Psychiatric Social Worker is a member of an
interdisciplinary team who provides direct assessment, diagnosis
formulation, treatment planning, treatment intervention and
psycho-education to members and/or family members. Must be familiar
with all aspects of psychopathology and recognize the appropriate
and timely clinical treatment intervention needed. The Psychiatric
Social Worker may work with specific age group as is determined by
training and certificate. Must be familiar with and have expertise
in a variety of treatment modalities. The majority of the position
will be spent in direct patient care.
- Timely and appropriate assessment, diagnosis, treatment
planning and treatment intervention of members.
- Appropriate selection of treatment modality to member's
- Is an effective communicator of clinical material to member and
- Provides high internal and external customer/patient
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation of clinical
encounters in member's charts.
- Is knowledgeable of KP and community resources.
- Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patient's clinical care
- Maintains license.
- Conduct initial interview with Members by eliciting and
interpreting the psychological and social meaning of
- Determines urgency of member's need.
- Provides a professional interpretation of member's presentation
and recommends a course of therapeutic action, selects appropriate
- Provides treatment to adults, adolescents and children.
- Renders appropriate and immediate guidance & therapy for
members in crisis or in need of clinical services.
- Maintains written record of therapy, prepares reports and
letter; phones, writes and visits (with member permission) social
agencies, schools relatives, friends to obtain pertinent
- Provides clinical consultation in an integrated health care
environment regarding family interactions, sociocultural
determinants and community resources.
- Provides telephone assessment, counseling, resource information
- Proficient in identifying and treating the span of
- Proficient in various treatment modalities including, but not
limited to individual, group family & child therapy.
- Complies with organizational, departmental, state/federal
guidelines & all regulatory agency policies and procedures.
- Participates in QM & CQI activities.
- Two (2) years of post-graduate experience in a behavioral
health setting required.
- Master's degree in a related Behavioral Health Care field
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid and current CA LMFT license required.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize current DSM nomenclature
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and
behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive
service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted
providers, and vendors.
- May consider LCSW, with a Master's Degree in Social Work, job
code 66536, for this position.
- Position may include every other/rotating weekends.
Primary Location: California,Lancaster,Lancaster Mental Health
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu,
Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: Varies Working Hours End: Varies
Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B11-PSC|NUHW|NUHW Psych Social
Chapter Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Behavioral
Health Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Click here for additional requirements >
Share This Job
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Lancaster , Psychiatric Social Worker, Other , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!