Registered Nurse PACU (FT) - Antelope Valley Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: June 9, 2021
We are actively hiring for a Full-Time PACU Registered Nurse to
join our team!
Antelope Valley Surgery Center is a busy, well-established
outpatient surgical center in Lancaster, CA that has been providing
quality patient care since 1992. Want to know more about our
Surgery Center Click Here!
- Monday-Friday, No Weekends!
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance - eligible
on Day 1 of employment
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- Positive work culture
- Growth and Leadership Opportunities available
- Monthly town halls
- All patients are COVID tested and center staff are screened
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Assess patient status throughout the episode of care
- Interpret information accurately from various noninvasive and
- Describe the underlying pathophysiology of commonly encountered
- Describe the physiology associated with various anesthesia
techniques and surgical or procedural interventions.
- Apply the relevant scoring system/discharge criteria for
patient transfer (eg, Aldrete Score, Modified Aldrete Score [ie,
PARSAP], Post Anesthesia Discharge Scoring System [PADSS], White)
score accurately as defined by organizational policy.
- Develop an individualized perianesthesia plan of care.
- Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Transfer care as needed.
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to
- Delegate tasks according to the state Nurse Practice Act (if
applicable), state board of nursing or professional registration
requirements, state laws, and job descriptions.
- Document episode of care completely, accurately, and
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills
with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning
perioperative patient care.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships with team members.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and
confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Comply with all SCA and facility policies and procedures when
providing patient care.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases,
chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Working irregular hours
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- One year of PACU or ICU experience preferred.
- Current state licensure to practice within good standings.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) or Basic
Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or
documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
(ACLS) Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
course is required when pediatric care is included in the facility
scope services within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current PALS certification.
- Specialty certification in Perioperative Nursing or
Perianesthesia is preferred.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs
#Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Lancaster , Registered Nurse PACU (FT) - Antelope Valley Surgery Center, Other , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!