Company: Grimmway Farms
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Manage farming operations in Tehachapi/Cummings Valley area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for leading, implementing and continually
supporting our company and divisional values and strategy.
- Responsible for ranch profitability, regulatory compliance,
employee development, product quality, ranch stewardship and
ongoing development of best practices.
- Manage all aspects of farming conventional and/or organic
vegetable crops in the Tehachapi/Cummings Valley area.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing
ground preparation, planting, irrigation, fertilization and
coordination of harvesting.
- Responsible for best in class equipment maintenance, employee
training and stewardship.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and performing to strict
input schedules to ensure best practices in resource planning,
resource sharing and inter-departmental communication for the
purpose of best in class efficiency and utilization of crews and
- All other duties as directed by Ranch Unit Director.
- Weekend work will be required during certain seasons.
Ability to continuously work outdoors all day in various and
sometimes extreme weather conditions. Ability to continuously work
with product and equipment at ground level. Ability to work on
uneven terrain both on foot and while aboard moving equipment.
Ability to get on and off various stationary and moving equipment.
Ability to work outdoors and in a wet and damp environment. Must
wear corrective lenses if required/listed on driver's license. Must
be able to move items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Four-year college degree in a related major preferred but not
required in lieu of direct experience
- Minimum of 4 years of farm management experience required,
including the supervision of labor and direct involvement in the
business side of the industry
- Position requires employee to live and work in Tehachapi or
immediate surrounding area
- The successful candidate must have strong communication skills
and ability to interact effectively with all levels of
- Must be computer literate
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean DMV driving
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical, and
functional capacity evaluation
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease Programs
- Subsidized gym membership with InShape health clubs
- Free on-site personal training and other wellness-focused
activities at company gym
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout
- Work life balance
Keywords: Grimmway Farms, Lancaster , Ranch Manager, Other , Tehachapi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!