Company: Virgin Galactic Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Who we are
Virgin Galactic www.VirginGalactic.com (SPCE:NYSE) Virgin
Galactic recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we
face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in
making better use of space.
Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding
of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity,
physiology and psychology.
From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both
outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on
Earth are arbitrary lines. From space it is clear that there is
much more that unites than divides us.
We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer
twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody
- and change the world for good. Sir Richard Branson, Founder,
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will
ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are
exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver, and can make
things happen - apply today!
- Overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation of
policies, procedures and projects that lead to well-managed,
well-maintained facilities in coordination and conjunction with the
company's business objectives.
- Oversee a preventative maintenance program to ensure the
facility is operating optimally.
- Hands on involvement to ensure the day-to-day operations of the
facility(s), including janitorial, health and safety and general
maintenance of mechanical and electrical systems (including
lighting, HVAC, plumbing).
- Supervision of all maintenance and janitorial contracts
relating to the interior and appearance of the facilities.
- Responsible for positive and prompt responses to requests from
all departments and managing leased services to ensure problems are
being solved promptly and effectively.
- Prepares and reviews budgets, provides financial reporting (as
required), develops and manages contract terms, monitors
expenditure and purchase orders related to the facilities.
- Participates in negotiation of service contracts with internal
and external suppliers/customers to achieve the highest levels of
performance at the lowest cost in compliance with the
organization's values, standards, and guidelines for business
- Ensures regulatory compliance (including ITAR policy, CA
building code, OSHA, ADA etc) and effective management of risk and
liability for the company, including maintaining files and policy
documents in order to support audits.
- Supports and provides leadership in a commitment to achieve the
company's goals for service.
- Consistently upholds and applies the company's policies
regarding appropriate professional behavior.
- Lead the facility management team in the supervision of all
maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior
conditions and appearance and operation of the facilities.
- Ensure that all site-specific documentation and reports are
completed accurately and on time.
- Ensures that all suppliers comply with insurance
What you bring
- Technical proficiency and experience in common building systems
- College degree/Professional qualification or proven equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years of facility management experience including
at least 3 years at the level of Facility Manager.
- CFM, FMA, BOMA, LEED, industry certifications desired, other
Engineering, Business or technical training or certifications a
- Recognized Project Management qualification and/or proven
experience in managing construction-based projects.
- Must have knowledge and experience with preventative
- Breadth of experience in leasing, construction, engineering,
and all facets of building management is preferred.
- Must have knowledge and experience with financial accounting in
financial reporting, and budgeting.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects in
addition to management of day to day operations.
- Minimum of three years' experience directly supervising and
managing staff, including experience in planning, and assigning
work, performance assessments, training, hiring, discipline, and
- All candidates must be US Persons due to the ITAR (22 CFR
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen., lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22
CFR 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment
with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence
and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by
race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran
status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Virgin Galactic Holdings, Inc., Lancaster , Facilities Manager, Other , Mojave, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!