The Supervisory Housekeeping Aid exercises technical and
administrative supervision over subordinate workers in supporting
and performing task (e.g., environment of care, textile
distribution and training) associated with the Service goals and
objectives. The incumbent assigns staff for routine and non-routine
duties on a daily and a project-by-project basis. Non-routine
duties require that the position reorganize work schedules
efficiently to ensure work is accomplished in a timely manner.
Learn more about this agency
This is a OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT and will remain open
until September 30, 2021. Applicants will be accepted on an ongoing
basis and qualified candidates will be considered as vacancies
become available. Applicants will remain active for 3 months after
the initial application is received and/or updated. After that
time, you must update your application through your USAJobs account
if you would like to be made active again for possible
consideration during the open period
The position is delegated responsibility for assigning staff for
routine and non-routine duties on a daily and a project-by-project
basis. Non-routine duties require that the position reorganize work
schedules efficiently to ensure work is accomplished in a timely
manner. The incumbent will be able to:
- Coordinate work with supervisors of other services within the
positions area of jurisdiction so as not to interrupt patient care
or other activities responsible for the cleaning of all patient
areas, corridor spaces throughout Medical Center, Operating Rooms,
and all other areas as assigned.
- Responsible for assuring the efficient and economical
accomplishment of work assignments of subordinates within
established policies and schedules set by higher levels of
- Plans daily and weekly assignments, scheduling periodic work
for areas of responsibility, taking into consideration the
availability of personnel and equipment to meet established
- Trains staff and ensure that they are using the patient
centered care principles in terms of customer service to patients,
patients' family members and personnel.
- Provides on-the job training for subordinates as individual
needs dictate. Due to the constant change in the type of patients,
provides proper on-the-job training to ensure the housekeeping
duties are effectively accomplished.
- Provides special direction to new employees to prepare them for
individual assignments, procedures and safety policies.
- Schedules regular meetings with staff to make them aware of new
procedures or directives.
- Keeps the supervisor informed as to the condition of staff,
unusual occurrences or matters that should be brought to the
attention of their supervisor.
- May be assigned to conduct in-use testing of equipment and/or
supplies, providing feedback in regards to their observations.
- May supervise the daily distribution of uniforms and textiles
to the designated areas and persons and ensures record keeping is
timely and accurate.
- Approves leave requests for subordinates, counsels' employees,
and recommends disciplinary action to a higher-level supervisor
whenever non-compliance with policy warrants.
- Makes formal appraisal of subordinates works performance and
- Routinely inspects assigned areas to assure the timely
accomplishment of employee assignments, sanitation levels are
maintained, equipment properly cared for and that associated
housekeeping objectives are accomplished in an expedient and timely
- Provides documented inspection reports and acts on
- Responsible for the removal of furniture in need of repair
and/or replacement along with the initiation of an electronic work
- Receives general supervision and instructions from the
- Works independently following up on all work assignments to
ensure that established procedures, work assignments and safety
standards are being properly applied and adjusting as
- The position keeps immediate supervisor apprised of actual or
potential problems and recommends remedial corrective actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Full Time 40 hours a week, exact work schedule
Position Description Title/PD#: Housekeeping Aid Leader/ PD#
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
3566 Custodial Working
- Housekeeping Staffs
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Pre-employment physical required
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
EXPERIENCE: A specific length of training and experience is not
required, but you must show evidence of training or experience of
sufficient scope and quality of your ability to do the work of this
position. Evidence which demonstrates you possess the knowledge,
skills, and ability to perform the duties of this position must be
supported by detailed descriptions of such on your resume.
Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Federal Wage
System Qualification Standards.
SCREEN-OUT ELEMENT: Your qualifications will first be evaluated
against the prescribed screen out element, which usually appears as
question 1 in the on-line questionnaire. Those applicants who
appear to possess at least the minimal acceptable qualification
requirement are considered for further rating; those who do not are
rated ineligible and are eliminated. The potential eligibles are
then rated against the remainder of the Job Elements:
- Conflict Management
- Customer Service
- Infection Control
- Lead or Supervise
- Managing Human Resources
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of
work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis
of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants
wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly
the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position
and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions: Physical effort
exerted in performing assigned work. Jobs vary in such ways as
thenature, degree, frequency, and duration of muscular effort or
physical strain experienced in work performance. Level moderately
heavy effort is used occasionally in moving, setting up, and
working from ladders. Use of heavy powered equipment is required
but not on a continuous basis. this position demands continuous
walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, pulling, and pushing. The
work requires the occasional use of heavy powered cleaning
equipment such as wall washers, industrial type buffers weighing
over 50 pounds.
This job does not have an education qualification