Company: Virgin Galactic Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Who we are
Virgin Galactic, www.VirginGalactic.com (SPCE:NYSE), recognizes
that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining
life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use
of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our
understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human
ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to
look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the
borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From
space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than
"We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer
twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody
- and change the world for good." Sir Richard Branson, Founder,
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will
ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are
exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make
things happen - apply today!
- Organize, create, and maintain project schedules to support
Programs, and other identified projects in accordance with Project
Management Office (PMO) best practices and guidelines.
- Assist project teams in tasks and sub tasks setup to ensure
satisfactory realization of project requirements as scheduled to
support Program, and overall objectives/goals.
- Support PMO performance metrics by adhering to Program WBS
guidance, as documented in TSC WBS Guidelines and TSC Earned Value
- Support PMO and project team by monitoring scopes of work using
Program aligned WBS for control and integrity.
- Interact with PMO and program team to schedule work and
coordinate resource assignments.
- Support PMO and Supply Chain by interacting with program team,
team leads (scope owners), and Chief Engineers to define scope of
work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and
identification of variances from original plan.
- Support PMO by evaluating schedule progress and performance and
identify developing problem areas.
- Support Program and project teams by monitoring schedule
progress, including identifying critical activities and reviewing
forecasts and progress achieved to date. Analyze critical path and
constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and
- Develop and update weekly short interval work plans for project
- Track baselines, perform what-if analysis, and develop
mitigation plans to support Program.
- Support PMO by documenting all changes to cost and schedule,
reporting variances to PBM.
- Support PMO by assisting project teams in maintaining monthly
(or as requested by PMO) status reports to keep management informed
on project progress.
- Support PMO in conducting analysis to determine alternative
courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules and or
- Support PMO and project team by ensuring accuracy of
- Additional tasks as required.
What you bring
- Bachelors' Degree and 5+ years applicable experience relative
to Program Planning and scheduling using MS Project
- Advanced MS Project skills (Resource loading/tracking, basic
requirements for earned value, progress tracking, variance
analysis, critical path review and analysis)
- Experience planning/scheduling for aerospace programs or in a
similar complex manufacturing environment
- Experience with the effective integration of schedule and cost
in an EVMS environment
- Experience with products built during the planning processes,
e.g. IMP, IMS, Product Breakdown Structure (PBS), Work Breakdown
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
- Ability to work without supervision to lead the development of
program plans and schedules for multiple programs concurrently
- Strong facilitation skills and the ability to proactively
communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to motivate and influence others, build effective
interpersonal relationships, and be able to foster and contribute
to a positive and productive team environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to
better respond to multiple requests and handle sudden changes in
- Ability to embrace and participate in change initiatives
- Excellent follow through and persistence
ITAR RequirementsTo conform to U.S. Government space technology
export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful
permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by
ITAR (22 CFR 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required
authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment
with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence
and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by
race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran
status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Virgin Galactic Holdings, Inc., Lancaster , Project Scheduler, Other , Mojave, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!