Company: PIH Health
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Were a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two
hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty
medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice
care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our
leadership is dedicated to putting patients firsta cornerstone of
our mission, vision and valuesas we deliver top-quality
healthcare.From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California
and Downey, California, and Los Angeles California PIH Health
serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange
Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.The Registered Nurse
(RN) Case Manager provides care coordination which emphasizes
positive partnerships with nursing, physicians and other key
disciplines in order to pace the care for outcomes while meeting
core measures within the appropriate level of care. The RN Case
Manager provides discharge planning by collaboratively determining
level of care needs beyond acute care, providing decision support
to patients and families and physicians, managing patient and
family expectations and ensuring a smooth transition to the next
level of care and services. The RN Case Manager performs
utilization review with a high level of expertise by using criteria
that demonstrates medical necessity to achieve reimbursement for
services and ensuring appropriate utilization of hospital
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Ability to follow chain of command.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and current third party payor
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound decision making and
- Proficiency with main-frame and personal computers.
- Maintain an active California RN License.
- Obtain ACM (Accredited Case Manager) or CCM (Certified Case
Manager) within 3 years of hire.
- Minimum of 5 years hospital nursing experiencePreferred:
- BSN or MSN degree
- CCM or ACM (Certified Case Manager, Accredited Case
- Previous experience in case managementBeyond the benefits that
come with working for the area's leading community healthcare
provider one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety
and comfort you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and
benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek
diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Keywords: PIH Health, Lancaster , Registered Nurse, Other , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!