Company: Tarzana Treatment Center
Posted on: January 15, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYFull-time Counselor Position: Opportunity to be
part of a substance use treatment program specifically targeted for
providing substance use treatment for community members impacted by
COVID-19. Provides brief interventions, individual counseling,
group facilitation and crisis intervention as part of a
multi-disciplinary team.We offer a competitive benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays (12)
- Paid Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Competitive wages
- Stability and career advancement
- Continuing Education OpportunitiesCATEGORIES OF DUTIESALL
- Provides crisis intervention on an as need basis.
- Attends weekly individual and group supervision.
- Attends in-service training and educational workshops.
- Attends all required staff meetings.
- Cooperates and communicates fully with other staff members
regarding patient behavior, progress, activities, etc.
- Conducts self in a professional manner in areas of dress,
language, attitude, and behavior.
- Exhibits full knowledge and support of the philosophy and
objectives of the Agency.
- Fully understands and maintains policies regarding professional
ethics, including appropriate boundaries and patient
- Other duties as assigned by Director and/or
Administration.ALCOHOL AND DRUG PROGRAMS:
- Completes/Review/Updates Counseling portion of BSAP/ASI within
timeframe established by program policy.
- Initiates Individualized Treatment Plan on assigned patients
and works closely with Case Manager and other members of the
Multi-disciplinary team to assure that all identified problems are
- Participates in Initial Case Conference within timeframe
established by program policy.
- Participates in Continuing Case Conferences within timeframe
established by program policy.
- Provides regular, comprehensive progress note charting in
patient's Medical Record in accordance with JCAHO, State, County
and Agency standards, to include individual sessions, group
participation, crisis intervention, etc---
- Facilitates educational groups as assigned utilizing approved
curriculum according to program schedule.
- Schedules and conducts regular 1:1 sessions with all assigned
patients at least weekly or more often as appropriate or directed.
- Performs conjoin/family sessions as needed
- Attends in-service training and educational
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current enrollment in an academic Addiction Studies
- Registration or Certification with a DADP- approved State level
certification agency. Must be registered or certified upon hire and
no later than six (6) months from date of employment.
- One (1) year continuous sobriety, if in recovery
- One (1) year experience in a behavioral healthcare
setting.LICENSES/CERTIFICATESRegistration or Certification with a
DADP-approved State level certification agency. Must be registered
or certified upon hire and no later than six (6) months from date
of employment.SETTINGTarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. is a
non-profit corporation, which provides behavioral healthcare
services, including chemical dependency.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYERTarzana Treatment Centers, Inc. does not discriminate as to
race, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation and
disability in its hiring practices.ADA REQUIREMENTTarzana Treatment
Centers, Inc. supports the American with Disabilities Act.
Discrimination is prohibited in all aspects of employment against
disabled persons, who, with reasonable accommodations, can perform
the essential functions of a job.#SJ2021
Keywords: Tarzana Treatment Center, Lancaster , Counselor I, Other , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!