Senior Staff Systems Engineer - $20,000 Hiring Bonus
Company: Bio-Rad Laboratories
Location: California City
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Bio-Rad's Clinical Diagnostics Group (CDG) is one of the leading
global providers of tests for infectious and autoimmune disease
screening, diabetes screening and monitoring, blood grouping as
well as a range of reagents and software for laboratory quality
control. CDG provides over 3,000 reagents, devices, and instruments
for about 300 diagnostic tests to a global customer base. At
Bio-Rad CDG we are building a world class global R&D capability
to support our ambitious clinical diagnostics strategy and drive
long term growth for the company. An important part of this
transformation is the creation of a Global Systems Engineering
Organization to support our existing core diagnostics platforms and
to execute an exciting new product roadmap. Within this
organization we have an immediate need for an experienced Senior
Staff Systems Engineer to fill a key position focused on the
development and commercialization of cutting-edge in-vitro
diagnostics platforms. This position will be hybrid starting in
Benicia, CA and moving to Hercules, CA later this year.
This position is eligible for a $20,000 HIRING BONUS:
- Bonus offered for a limited time only.
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled.
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout.
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad.
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal
transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause.
- Provide technical knowledge of system engineering principles
and their application to developing cost- effective, reliable and
high-quality systems that satisfy customer needs and business
- Provide technical leadership to support the development of a
sample to result system.
- Reviews and analyzes customer and business requirements, and
articulates and documents system requirements and functions.
- Generates, analyzes and developing robust architectures,
communicating and coordinating with marketing and cross-functional
development teams, and assisting the development team of the
balance between development cost, schedule, quality and
- Participates or leads Cross-Functional Teams in system
requirements definition, system functional decomposition and
requirements allocation, system architecture definition, system
modeling, and requirements traceability and compliance including
verification plans and reports.
- Continuous development of skills and technical expertise
required in order to support product development initiatives.
- Assist in the adoption and execution of Systems, Reliability,
Risk, Usability and Requirements engineering.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of state-of-the-art principles,
theories, and practices around all things Systems and Reliability
engineering related activities.
- Works with the development teams in identifying and recommends
long term tools, standards and methods to drive continual Systems
and Reliability Engineering improvement.
- Conducts and participates in design/project technical
- Works to ensure quality and continuously promote Right First
- Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary team setting
collaborating with senior and junior scientists and engineers.
- Demonstrated innovation and initiative in dealing with
technical challenges and assignments.
- Strong focus on results and achieving goals.
- Ability to identify internal customers and use their needs and
perspectives in driving decisions and activities.
- Flexible and adaptive to a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- BS in Engineering. MS desirable.
- Training in Design for Excellence principals preferred.
- DFSS Green Belt certification is desirable.
- 10+ years' experience in the engineering/development of complex
systems comprised of electromechanical, fluidics and
- IVD experience, QSR/ISO regulations & standards, risk
management (ISO14971) and Usability Engineering (IEC62366) in a
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19
variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination
policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to
upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted
by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical
information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy,
Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing
sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety
of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical
diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more
than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our
customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to
provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products
that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process
and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results. #LI-AK1
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been
authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not
submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Bio-Rad Laboratories, Lancaster , Senior Staff Systems Engineer - $20,000 Hiring Bonus, Other , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!