Event Operations Staff - Snapdragon Stadium
Company: Oak View Group
Location: California City
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a
wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility
management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and
partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and
consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los
Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Event Operations Staff Snapdragon Stadium San Diego, CA -
Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager and Event
Operations Supervisor, the Event Operations Staff will execute the
set-up and tear down of events, assist with inventory and provide
general maintenance, as necessary. The position will be part-time,
hourly and should be available to work days and nights, including
weekends and holidays.
Opening September 2022, Snapdragon Stadium is a 35,000-seat
multipurpose venue that will serve as the home for San Diego State
University football, San Diego Wave (NWSL soccer), MLR rugby, major
concerts and festivals, professional sports, motorsports, NCAA and
world championships, international soccer, high school sports,
entertainment events and private special events. For more info,
please visit: www.snapdragonstadium.com.
- Ensure all event set-ups and breaks downs are done efficiently
- Maintain an accurate account of stadium assets, including
tables, chairs, stanchion, barricade, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to read maps and layouts to meet the
needs of an event or client
- Think critically through stadium operations and activations to
provide a safe event for all spectators
- Work safely and efficiently during varying weather, time of
day/night and using a variety of equipment
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by
following the life safety and emergency program as needed
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients,
employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot unplanned challenges
- Frequent bending, carrying, moving, climbing, working from
various heights, lifting 15-50 pounds, sitting, exposure to
moderate to loud noises, extensive walking through the
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills
- High school diploma or G.E.D. or equivalent is required
- Familiar with operational procedures, facility capabilities,
industry terminology and event-related services
- Basic math skills to provide accurate inventory tracking and
- Ability to operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet
jacks, forklifts, scrubbing machines or other equipment is
- Valid Class C license is required
- Follow explicit oral and written instructions; communicate
effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work independently, exercising judgment and
- The ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and
carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Effectively work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, management
staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner
which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work
- Maintain a professional demeanor among clients, talent and
guests, demonstrating a high level of customer and client
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of
integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality
- Previous experience in Event Operations, manual labor or
warehouse work is a plus
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the
sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to
help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation,
strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our
excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that
reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate
and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying
voices from all different backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations
are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and
fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada. We
highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and
boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need
to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to
safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers,
athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We
will not discriminate against employees or applicants for
employment on any legally recognized basis ("protected class")
including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service
member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other
protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Oak View Group, Lancaster , Event Operations Staff - Snapdragon Stadium, Other , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!