Company: Moog, Inc.
Location: California City
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Are you looking to advance your Machining Skills, and join a
World-Class Aerospace Organization?Moog Aircraft Group in Torrance,
California is looking for an Experienced Doosan and Okuma Lathe
Machinist to support our Machining Department. This position is
located at our aerospace plant in Torrance, CA.This is a full time,
direct hire machinist opening with Moog Inc. which includes a wide
array of benefits from comprehensive health, dental, vision and
life insurances; paid vacation days, 401k, a retirement savings
plan including employer matching; profit sharing. Your Future Start
Here! Apply Now! at https://careers.moog.com/Learn more about Moog
at www.moog.comMoog is the world leader in flight control actuation
and critical control products. We support virtually every
commercial airline in the world, all U.S. government agencies and
global military customers. Our systems design and integration
expertise-matched with proven subsystem expertise-means we can
achieve higher levels of optimization in more areas. Our fully
integrated systems include all actuation, control, power drive, and
system software. With an unrivaled mix of system and component
expertise, we are uniquely qualified to create solutions optimized
around the customer's goal for performance, weight, reliability,
and cost.Key Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates proficiently on different types of manual
controlled or CNC lathe machines such as: Profiling, Milling,
Turning, Drilling and Grinding, producing quality production
- Plans sequence of operation using available tooling or
improving tooling as necessary.
- Able to work from operation sheets, blueprints and engineering
- Work with engineering, to help improve processes and the
efficiency of the department.
- Meets production time standards on work assignments.
- Applies good knowledge of practical shop mathematics.
- Uses a wide variety of shop precision measuring instruments for
setting up and checking work, including comparator charts for first
piece buy-off and in-process monitoring of hardware.
- Performs block checks on NC or CNC machines and detects errors
in tapes to prevent scrap.
- Assists NC Programming Department using edits to resolve errors
in a timely manner as required. Performs other work of comparable
or lesser difficulty as required.
- Be trained and certified in the elements of the Certified
Operator Program and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Be a self starter, required to work in a team environment, and
participate in the planning, problem solving and implementation of
solutions to ensure team success.
- Performs other work as required.We'll be looking for you to
have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED or formal training equivalency
- Experience with Doosan and Okuma Lathe machines
- 5 years or more of experience in a related industry
- Ability to learn quickly, work well under pressure, and lead
others to do the same.
- This position require access to export controlled
information.Preferred qualifications: Experience with the following
machines desired, but not required:
- CNC Studer models S33, S41, and S151
- Voumard, Okuma GA-26, Center Lap
- CNC 3 abd 4 axis milling
- CNC multi turret and spindle turning centers
- Okuma 3 and 4 axis CNC mills, Okuma CNC lathes and turning
- Gleason gear shapers and hobsWe work in an environment where
people trust, respect and encourage one another. We believe in our
people and it shows in everything we do. We'd like to invite you to
become part of our continued success.EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual
Keywords: Moog, Inc., Lancaster , Lathe Machinist, Other , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!