Compliance Lead, Token Listings
Location: California City
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world's largest and fastest growing
cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell
bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day - but our work
is a whole lot more than that. We're building an inclusive future
of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial
literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of
finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco,
San Jose, Austin, New York City, Malta, Hong Kong, and
About the Team
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall
compliance culture at the company. We're a team of risk-minded
problem solvers who advise the business on the company's regulatory
obligations and enterprise risk.
Our Token Listings team, in particular, is responsible for
performing comprehensive due diligence reviews of all tokens being
considered for listing.
What You'll be Doing:
You will manage a team responsible for conducting compliance
reviews of tokens being considered for listing on OKGroup's
exchanges around the globe, including but not limited to performing
due diligence on the project, project teams and product use cases,
and evaluating related risks. You also will liaise with the Legal,
Risk and Listing teams throughout the review process. The ideal
candidate will be a crypto-forward individual with strong knowledge
of various networking protocols, complemented with managerial
experience leading a compliance team.
In this role you will:
- Build and manage a team of crypto researchers performing due
diligence on tokens and issuer teams.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and guidelines for
token listing reviews.
- Conduct ongoing calibration of the methodology and framework to
ensure pertinent risks are identified and analyzed as the broader
ecosystem evolves and innovates.
- Proactively identify compliance risks and consult with key
partners in Compliance, Legal, Risk and Listings to ensure all
pertinent risks are adequately addressed.
- Stay apprised of changes in the crypto economy and regulatory
environment including blockchain trends, emerging network
protocols, prominent industry participants, as well as regulatory
rule making, guidance, and litigation.
- Present analyses and risk findings to relevant stakeholders and
senior leaders to guide platform and product support of digital
- Identify and cultivate top talent to build and maintain a
best-in-class team of researchers and due diligence program.
What We Look For in You:
- 5+ years of experience in related compliance/risk function
within financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services regulations,
compliance, policies, process, and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of BSA/AML requirements, sanctions, and
consumer risks with familiarity applying compliance frameworks to
crypto assets and products.
- Direct experience leading a due diligence team and overseeing
process design and execution.
- Excellent judgment and analysis with the capacity to synthesize
complex research to a concise summary and recommendation.
- Foundational knowledge of the crypto economy with a strong
desire to learn more.
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working
independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple
and varied tasks.
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience in a Compliance/Legal/Risk function at a
- CAMS, PMI, or equivalent certification
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental,
vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for
employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of
race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin,
age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental
disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider
employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
Keywords: Okcoin, Lancaster , Compliance Lead, Token Listings, Other , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!