Senior Systems Engineer - $15,000 Hiring Bonus
Company: Bio-Rad Laboratories
Location: California City
Posted on: September 21, 2022
This Senior Systems Engineering position within Bio-Rad's Life
Science Group R&D organization leverages an understanding of
best engineering practices and applies them to hardware product
development including design and testing. A solid engineering
foundation and systems-level approach to product concept
definition, design, and testing is essential. The ability to work
with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists is
critical. This role will steward the transition of engineering
concepts & requirements into functional prototypes, and advance
them to finished products which can be transferred for volume
This position is eligible for a $15,000 HIRING BONUS:
- Bonus offered for a limited time only.
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled.
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout.
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad.
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal
transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause.
- Support product development and design by performing
system-level testing & root-cause failure analysis.
- Participate with cross-functional teams in developing system
requirements & architecture definitions, system-level and
reliability test plans, and traceability of testing to
- Provide technical knowledge of system engineering principles
and their application to developing cost-effective, reliable and
high-quality systems that satisfy customer needs and business
- Assist in product Risk assessments and develop mitigation
- Generate testing strategy and test execution updates and
reports to project stakeholders and Management.
- BS or MS degree in Systems, Optical, Mechanical, or Electrical
- Minimum of 5 years (10 preferred) experience in engineering
design and testing.
- Experience in product development from the design concept phase
- Experience developing product definition requirements,
including synthesizing input from Voice-of-Customer and Marketing
input and linking design and customer requirement criteria into
well-defined technical specifications.
- Knowledge and familiarity in developing and fulfilling
qualification testing plans, including execution of Verification,
Validation and Reliability testing, while utilizing traceability
management to link test plans to product specifications and
- Capacity in bringing a systems-level approach to mechanical,
electrical, software/firmware and optical sub-systems interactions,
and apply these skills during design and product testing including
customer-facing product applications testing.
- Proficiency in performing product Risk & Failure Modes
Analyses, First Article Inspections, Technical Specifications
development, defect tracking, and traceability management.
- Experience with Jama or similar Requirements Management tool is
- Experience with Jira and Defect Tracking processes is
- Experience with Solidworks or similar CAD tool is
- Experience with Labview, Matlab or other measurement, control,
and analysis software is vital.
- Comfortable in a laboratory environment with excellent hand-on
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are vital for
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19
variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination
policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to
upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted
by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical
information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy,
Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing
sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety
of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical
diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more
than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our
customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to
provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products
that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process
and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been
authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not
submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Bio-Rad Laboratories, Lancaster , Senior Systems Engineer - $15,000 Hiring Bonus, Other , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!