Systems Engineer, Modeling and Analysis - Aerospace
Company: Moog, Inc.
Location: California City
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Moog is looking for a Systems Engineer, Modeling and Analysis
for our growing Systems Engineering department to work on next
generation aircraft controls for military and commercial aircraft.
In this role, you use your expertise in application modeling and
simulation to devise solutions for high performance systems. You
will bring your demonstrated experience in solving complex problems
in a collaborative team environment, preferably in an aerospace
context. The successful candidate will be interested in big picture
thinking and working in a multi-disciplinary environment to resolve
technically challenging problems. This position is located in
Moog Aircraft Group is the leader of advanced flight controls for
commercial and military aircraft. We are positioned on virtually
every aircraft in the marketplace, supplying reliable systems that
are highly supportable and add significant value for our customers.
Moog Aircraft Group is a sector of Moog (NYSE:MOG.A and MOG.B).
Moog designs, manufactures and integrates precision motion control
systems and components. Our high-performance solutions are used in
satellites and space vehicles, military and commercial aircraft,
launch vehicles, missiles, industrial machinery, marine
applications, and medical equipment. Headquartered in East Aurora,
NY, we employ 13,000 employees in 27 countries. While our products
are known as the best in the industry, the unique part about Moog
is our culture of trust and mutual respect that promotes personal
initiative, autonomy and excellence.
As a Systems Engineer, Modeling and Analysis, you will...
- Develop high-fidelity system performance models in support of
requirements definition and verification
- Drive successful system model integration, with both test
setups and lower-fidelity component models
- Perform functional analysis, detail trade studies, requirements
allocation and interface definition studies leveraging the System
Model to translate customer requirements into hardware and software
- Effectively communicate these internal design requirements to
the other members of the design/project team
- Create concise reports that document the design decisions and
- Support the identification and definition of Verification and
Validation approaches for the system or subsystem
- Support system- and subsystem-level integration and test,
including any anomaly investigations
- Coordinate/facilitate design product discussions across other
development teams and Moog sites
- Contribute as a key technical member on a team of creative,
- Travel Requirements: Travel to other Moog sites and customer
sites (primarily US based) is required - 10-25%
Minimum Qualifications to be considered...
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of professional experience in the field of
- Experience in requirements management, modeling/simulation
methods and control system design
- Proficiency in modeling tools, such as Matlab and Simulink
- This position requires access to United States
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
Preferred Qualifications Include...
- Familiarity with Fault Management design and architecture
- Strengths in control system design (Master's Degree or PhD in
Control Systems a plus)
- Programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Knowledge of aircraft flight control systems a plus
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience
- Proven competencies in Requirements Management, Verification
and Validation Methods, and/or Integration and Test.
- Experience working with safety-critical systems (including
hardware and software)
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Good verbal and written communication skills
At Moog we work in an environment where people trust, respect and
encourage one another. We believe in our people, and it shows in
everything we do. We invite you to become part of our continued
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Keywords: Moog, Inc., Lancaster , Systems Engineer, Modeling and Analysis - Aerospace, Other , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!