Head of Business Analytics
Location: California City
Posted on: November 14, 2022
Turing, a Series D funded unicorn, is on a mission to unleash
the world's untapped potential by connecting exceptional software
engineers from around the world to top US companies. We use machine
learning and automation to source, vet , match and manage
exceptional software engineers from around the world to top U.S.
and Silicon Valley companies for remote developer positions. We're
headquartered in Palo Alto, California and are a remote first
company with 1000+ employees.
- We have raised a total of $140 Million.
- We have grown > 10x in the last year.
- Turing has been featured in America's best startup employers by
Forbes , 2021 and in Top 10 most innovative workplace companies by
Fast Company, 2021.
- Turing's customers include Coinbase, Rivian, Disney, Wish and
J&J and hundreds of other Fortune 500 companies and
fast-growing startups. Turing is looking for an experienced leader
to join us as our Head of Business Analytics. If you enjoy thinking
critically about the health of the business, and designing
ground-up strategies in a data-first way, then this is the ideal
role for you. This role is tightly woven into all aspects of our
business operations, and will help drive our culture of continuous
improvement by empowering our business with data and intelligence.
You will be responsible for leading a central data and analytics
team to closely track the performance of the business. Based on
identified insights, you will partner closely with other business
leaders to define and expand Turing's business strategy. The role -
what you'll do
- Partner with stakeholders to understand business objectives and
drive KPI selection, performance measurement, opportunity
identification, strategic planning and general analysis.
- Work closely with the CEO, CFO, and Head of StratOps to guide
strategic decision-making throughout the company.
- Thought partner for various functional executives to ensure we
are on track for goals.
- Set up the right infrastructure at a company level to track the
health of the company, and quickly flag and triage execution
- Ensure the company's data foundation is scalable, accurate, and
secure. You'll be responsible for the source of truth on tracking
key data metrics.
- Recruit strong technical data leadership and build a thriving
data community at Turing of analyst teams, data scientists, and
business intelligence and integration resources Who you are
- Experience leading complex initiatives at a large scale: able
to expertly deconstruct business problems, identify appropriate
analytical solutions to drive insights and actions
- Proven track record of partnering with cross-functional teams
to deliver upon them
- Led or worked with senior leadership positions in business
analytics / business strategy
- Experience in creating strategies and analytical roadmaps
driving change and resulting in significant business outcomes
- Detail-oriented analytical thinker. Ability to ensure accuracy
and consistency of analytics through strong data management.
- Can see the bigger picture / narrative which requires
connecting movement in top-level metrics to the underlying drivers
and create a compelling story.
- Strong communicator who connects effectively with all levels of
- Extensive technical expertise in analytics, and affiliated
- Strong team lead who has built high-performing teams in the
past. Education and experience (preferred):
- Master's degree preferred
- 8-12+ years of proven experience in BI or Analytics team
- Worked in a high-growth company
- Experience in analytics for a marketplace, or B2B SaaS company
Advantages of joining Turing:
- Amazing work culture (Super collaborative & supportive work
environment; 5 days a week)
- Awesome colleagues (Surround yourself with top talent from
Meta, Google, LinkedIn etc. as well as people with deep startup
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- Full-time remote opportunity Don't meet every single
requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are
less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single
qualification. Turing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
legally protected characteristics. At Turing we are dedicated to
building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace and celebrate
authenticity , so if you're excited about this role but your past
experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the
job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just
the right candidate for this or other roles. For applicants from
the European Union, please review Turing's GDPR notice here .
Keywords: Turing, Lancaster , Head of Business Analytics, Other , California City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!