Posted on: November 25, 2022
Responsible for the delivery of psychiatric nursing
care/services to members being treated in the behavioral health
service departments. Positions assigned to this classification are
characterized by providing interventions that: promote and foster
health; assess dysfuntion; assist patients to regain or improve
their coping abilities; maximize patient strengths and prevent
further disability. These interventions focus on the
psychiatric-mental health patient and include: health promotion and
health maintenance; monitoring patients and assisting them with
self-care activities; monitoring psycho-biological treatment
regimens; providing triage decisions and facilitating patient
movement into appropriate services.Essential Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with pharmacy regarding approved medications.
- Provides information and education to members in a variety of
- Documents Services rendered utilizing standard nursing
procedures in member chart.
- Triage phone calls and refer to appropriate staff or community
- Assist Psychiatrists with coordinating internal and external
hospitalizations of members.
- Performs basic physical assessments of patients including vital
signs and monitoring for side effects of psychiatric active
medications and referring information to physicians as
- Provides prescribed medications to patients per physicians
orders following appropriate protocol.
- Utilizes electronic medical record for medication refills.
- Reviews lab results and refers to physician within protocols
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department
Administrator and/or Chief of Psychiatry.Basic
- Minimum one (1) year recent (within the last three (3) years)
RN Psychiatric experience. -Education
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing School. -License,
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support -Additional Requirements:
- Psychiatric and chemical dependency knowledge.
- Able to triage and evaluate various aspects of the psychiatric
- Group leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. -Preferred
- Telephone triage experience.
- BSN preferred. -Notes:
- Rotating weekends.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed
& Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Lancaster , Psychiatric RN, Other , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!