Posted on: November 25, 2022
Responsible for nursing assessment, monitoring and support of
outpatients and/or inpatients by the Addiction Medicine
- Conducts Nursing assessments of patients, screening for
detoxification needs and other health-related concerns.
- Based on preliminary assessment and/or diagnosis, recommends
the next level of treatment and liaisons with appropriate staff to
ensure continuity of care.
- Implements outpatient detoxification protocols and administers
medications and processes laboratory requests consistent with
- Evaluates and documents the efficacy of treatments and/or
- Develops and presents (as directed) patient-oriented lectures
and materials or health-related and program concerns Functions as a
member of the multidisciplinary treatment team, making appropriate
referrals, advocating for patient needs, coordinating care
delivery, and maintaining/improving quality standards.
- Provides consultation services to physicians and nurses within
other Kaiser medical departments as directed and provides clear,
concise and targeted evaluations of patient need for Addiction
Medicine continuing care services.
- Provides appropriate nursing care in support of other program
- Orders, receives and distributes pharmaceuticals and medical
supplies as necessary.
- Assists in the development of nursing policies, practices and
procedures as related to the Department of Addiction Medicine.Basic
- Minimum two (2) years of experience providing nursing care in
an addictions treatment setting.Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- Valid and current RN license to practice nursing in the state
- BCLS Certification.
- Knowledge of practice standards -within the field of addiction
- Knowledge of community organizations, referral resources.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- N/AJob Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, Lancaster , Staff RN , Other , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!