Dispatch (1 or Associate)
Company: Global Medical Response
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Job Title: Dispatcher (I or Associate) FLSA Status:
Non-ExemptDepartment: Communications Center POSITION SUMMARY:The
Dispatcher I or Associate functions primarily as a call-taker
telecommunicator and is responsible for receiving, recording and
effectively managing requests for ambulance assistance/transport
from various sources. The Dispatcher I will offer pre-arrival
instructions as indicated. Essential Duties and
- Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency
Medical Dispatch as published in Principles of Emergency Medical
Dispatch (and as customized by AMR) as a minimum standard of
- Allocates EMS resources properly as the need arises by
application of appropriate decision-making rules and approved
- Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of
paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of
- Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the shift.
This will also include State Run Report data entry as
- Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for
- Assists in locating scene of incidents and selecting the
safest, fastest route to such scene using all available locator
- Relays instructions from supervisors, messages and emergency
- Maintains a current working knowledge of all company policies,
procedures, rules, regulations, and memorandums.
- Follows established parameters/formats in receiving requests
- Responsible for knowledge and use of equipment, including but
not limited to the computer, printers, 911 equipment, recording
devices, telephones, and other equipment as assigned by
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security
is everyone's responsibility. It is the responsibility of every
computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security
policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security
training, when offered. Report information systems security
problems. Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- ICS courses
- IS-100B (ICS 100)
- IS-200B (ICS 200)
- IS-700A (NIMS)
- IS-800B (NIMS) Experience:
- Must have minimal medical training or telecommunications
experience or, have at least one year's experience as an EMS or
public safety dispatcher, Knowledge and Skills:
- Skilled in reading and writing English.
- Ability to communicate clearly on the radio and telephone.
- Ability to record, transmit, and report information
- Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess good typing skills with speed and accuracy necessary to
efficiently process emergency and nonemergency calls.
- Ability to understand basic computer applications.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing for individuals with a disability. Salary Range: $16.04 -
$18.40 hr. DOECompany Benefits: Check out our careers site to learn
more about our benefit options.
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Lancaster , Dispatch (1 or Associate), Other , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!