Optical Dispenser - On Call
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Under direct supervision, measures patient facial features,
adjusts eyeglass frames, and assists patients in selecting
items to conform to corresponding optical prescriptions and
- Patient Procedures and Activities: Assemble patient education
- Assist provider in patient examinations and procedures.
- Consult with provider concerning procedures and patient
- Complete patient forms and records.
- Laboratories: Clean work area.
- Attach temples to frames.
- Cut lenses to specified size and shape.
- Fit finished lenses into frames.
- Handle computer printouts.
- Inspect lenses and eyeglasses to verify correct processing of
- Investigate lost, misplaced or incorrectly filled prescription
- Package eyeglasses in containers for courier pick up.
- Refine shape of lenses by smoothing edges.
- Adjust patient eyeglass frames.
- Assist patient in selecting optical items.
- Examine eyeglasses from laboratory.
- Make minor repairs and adjustments to eyeglasses.
- Maintain optical supplies.
- Measure patient facial features.
- Receive and ship finished eyeglasses.
- Materials and Supplies: Fill request for equipment and
- Maintain and order supplies.
- Maintain records of material usage/inventory levels.
- Clear paper jams and performs routine maintenance.
- Operate copier equipment.
- Administrative and other:
- Collect and compile cumulative data and statistics.
- Maintain department logs.
- Answer telephones and take messages.
- Orient and train new or less experienced personnel.
- Serve as resource person to co-workers by answering procedural
questions and assisting in problem solving.
- Locate personnel by paging system or beeper.
- Attend conferences, meetings and in-service training
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Assists members with the selection of frames and lenses.
- Takes orders for eyewear and miscellaneous optical items.
- Dispenses and adjusts eyewear and Ophthamalic appliances, making
minor repairs as required.
- Takes facial measurements of members to fit eyewear needs.
- Provides members with information regarding eyewear, product
options and eyewear services.
- Manages and resolves member eyewear complaints.
- Creates and maintains neat, attractive and sales effective frame
- Maintains departmental supplies including but not limited to
frame inventory, eyeglass cases, tools and equipment for daily
- Returns re-called frames/optical items by specified due
- Inspects eyeglasses to insure conformance with prescribed/ordered
- Processes jobs in bench room.
- Contacts members, optical lab and clinics concerning eyewear
orders and prescriptions.
- Determines member vision eligibility and benefits.
- Attends staff meetings and training s as required, maintaining
current knowledge of all computer systems designated for the
operation of the department.
- Establishes and maintain courteous, cooperative relations when
interacting with other personnel, Health Plan members, and the
- May perform other duties as required.
Pay Grade : 24
--- One (1) year of recent full-time optical dispensing experience
which may include complete optical lab bench room work.
--- High school diploma/ GED.
--- Current knowledge of optical theory, practices and lab
techniques-interpretation of prescription lenses/ products
available and entire eyewear fabrication process including measure,
fit, adjust and repair.
--- Certificate of completion in Optical Dispensing from an
accredited Ophthalmic Optics school.
--- ABO Certification.
+ This is a call-in/on-call position, days and hours may vary.
+ Will involve every/other rotating weekends. Will involve the use
of optometric pre-testing equipment and the use of optometric
TITLE: Optical Dispenser - On Call
LOCATION: Lancaster, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local
laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Lancaster , Optical Dispenser - On Call, Other , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!