Company: Boys and Girls Clubs of the Antelope Valley
Posted on: May 20, 2023
POSITION: Teen Coordinator (Part-time, Seasonal 15-25 hours/week
& Occasional weekends)
STARTING RATE: $19.50 (may vary based on
**Applicants considered for this position may be offered a starting
position of general Program Support in order to train and determine
Teen Coordinator is responsible for providing support with
planning, implementing, supervising and evaluating all teen
programs and activities provided as part of the five core program
areas: Character & Leadership, Education & Career Development,
Health & Life Skills, The Arts, Sports, Fitness, & Recreation. This
position also is responsible for assisting in the process of
training peer staff, evaluating volunteers and mentors as well as
collaborating with local schools to support membership recruitment.
This position is responsible for the activities, supervision and
success of the Boys and Girls Club of Antelope Valley Teen Center.
**Applicants for this position may be offered a starting position
of general Program Support in order to train and determine
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Supports the Teen Director to accomplish program goals related
to AVBGC sites that serve middle school and high school teen
members (this may incorporate younger members as well).
- Ensure programs, services and activities that prepare youth for
success, promoting safety of members and quality in programs at all
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members. Educate,
promote, develop self-esteem, and provide positive
- Ensure quality improvement by monitoring and evaluating program
achievement against target goals, recommending modifications that
respond to member needs and interests. Establish and maintain
- Participate in teen staff meetings to provide input and updates
on teen center progress.
- Ensure a healthy, safe, clean, organized, environment,
supervising members in program area at all times.
- Maintain facilities and ensure a productive work environment,
maintaining an inventory of all program equipment and supplies in
- Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of schedule,
regular announcements of upcoming events. Assist with scheduling
school day visits at area middle schools and high school as
necessary to generate interest in planned Club activities.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate programs, services, and
activities using Club process.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of "Teen Night"
special events once a month, as well as any additional educational
trips or incentive opportunities once given approval.
- Assist in the development of weekly program schedules and
curriculum. Submit all teen program plans and special event plans
to the Teen Director for approval.
- Work with administrative staff to ensure fulfillment of grant
- Recruit, train and manage assigned volunteers and staff;
provide ongoing feedback; and identify and support development
- Provide proper record keeping and reporting including
activities and events conducted, breakdown of daily participation
figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Represents the organization and interprets its objectives,
standards and programs.
- Planning, organizing and implementing a range of program
services and activities for teen members.
- Initiating new programs with the approval of Teen
- Coordinating, promoting and stimulating participation in the
teen programs at the Club.
- Maintain expectations for National Programs such as; Keystone
Club, Youth of the Year, Smart Moves, Money Matters, College Bound,
- Other duties as assigned by Teen Director/Director of
- Develop commitment from members to ensure active participation
in Programs and Activities.
- Empower members to be leaders through positive role
- Facilitate Grant Required Activities and National Program
activities in the following areas: Character & Leadership,
Education & Career Development, Health & Life Skills, The Arts, and
Sports, Fitness, & Recreation.
- Provide recognition to members through positive validations,
healthy incentives, and affirmation on a regular basis.
- Team building mentality is exemplified in all work done.
- Positively influence and uplift members and other
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program
staff and volunteers.
- Increase and maintain teen membership
- Oversee and/or participate in special programs, events and
- Assist in or handle special assignments or other duties as
deemed necessary or important by supervisor.
2. Manage & Develop Resources
- Monthly program planning is required to ensure preparation and
successful programs and activities.
- Attend and participate in Staff Training's, which is essential
to professional development.
- Follow all policies and procedures at all times, including the
Club's Code of Conduct, which can be found in the Employee
- Maintain case management files and other grant related
paperwork and submit in a timely manner.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the Club site, with
high regard for school property.
- Must be able to inform important and relevant information to
members, parents, co-workers and Teen Director.
- Must be able to listen to co-workers, parents, youth members
and community and other Boys & Girls Club affiliates while
maintaining a professional relationship and positive representation
of the Club at all times.
- Must be able to present important and relevant information
and/or presentations through program facilitation, staff meetings
or training's, and/or other Boys & Girls Club events.
- Must be able to write and compose clear, concise, accurate
written documentation and data reports.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective reports,
correspondence, and presentations.
4. Supervision, & Safety
- Must be able to supervise and keep youth members engaged during
- Ensure the safety standards are met by all site staff at all
- Provide sound and reasonable discipline to youth members at
necessary times through written documentation (i.e. citation),
and/or parent phone call.
- Practice and constantly be aware of safe practices like Crisis
Management, Emergency Preparedness, CPR and First Aid, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space at all times.
- Drive Club van, create and maintain the appropriate permission
- Consult with parents and staff concerning member issues.
- Submit accurate written reports.
5. Other Duties as Necessary
- Must be at least 22 years of age and have valid
- Work experience with a Boys & Girls Club or other youth serving
organization (teens specifically).
- Proven ability to motivate youth and manage behavior
- Proven ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff
- Proven ability to plan and implement quality programs using a
youth development strategy.
- Proven ability to organize and supervise members in a safe
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and
the ability to get to and from work at the scheduled times.
- The Club has a mandatory overtime policy when required. This
could extend your workday and/or may require working on Saturdays
as needed. You must be available for this type of work
- CPR Certification (Adult, Child, Infant preferred), or attend
and successfully complete certification within first month of
- Ability to organize, supervise, and reinforce positive behavior
- Must pass a background check, TB and drug test.
- Must obtain Serve Safe Certification as applicable to the
- High school diploma required, Associates degree from accredited
college or university or BA/BS preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in related field
- In progress of or completed some college course work
- Instructional Aid Qualified
- Meet Staff Training requirements
- Work experience with a Boys & Girls Club or other youth serving
organization (teens specifically)
- Maintain a high energy level and positive representation.
- Be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction
with day-to-day activities.
- Must be able to work in loud environments and communicate
- Stand for four plus hours per day.
- Stoop, bend, climb, and walk frequently.
- Lift up to 40 pounds.
4. Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and
level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is
not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and
objectives required of employees assigned to this job. Employer or
employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time with
or without cause.
Keywords: Boys and Girls Clubs of the Antelope Valley, Lancaster , Teen Coordinator, Other , Lancaster, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...